Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exhaust Mod today/Complete

I did the mod today...when you drill the holes make sure you stay at least 5/8" away from the inside of the muffler case. I didn't ,and on the second hole I caught the screen that holds the packing in place and the packing wrapped around my bit. So BEWARE! I also took a picture with a flashlite in the intake side showing how much airflow there is. The other pics are of my new tip with bed and bath spark arrestor/sink drain lol That was made for me by grasshopper out of the goodness of his heart.(THANKS BILL) I have cut off the original tip and will be welding a plug from the inside so you don't see it.I will post more when all done and jet hot coated or painted see how it goes.I used a grinder with a zip disc and cut right at the weld to remove the end cap.. I then used a hacksaw to cut through the factory tube. To cut the factory tube flush with the baffle inside I used a die grinder with a zip disc.Then ,yes you need to weld it back on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
looks good and not to hijack but ive been pondering this for over a week now and still havnt found a true answer if ill need a fuel controller or not for EFI. i know you have to rejet the carb as i had to with my 400 but im not use to the EFI stuff.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good and not to hijack but ive been pondering this for over a week now and still havnt found a true answer if ill need a fuel controller or not for EFI. i know you have to rejet the carb as i had to with my 400 but im not use to the EFI stuff.
I think you just did (hijack) lol

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
NO i didnt LOL i said your is looking good! hahaha you going to have any sound clips when your done?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO i didnt LOL i said your is looking good! hahaha you going to have any sound clips when your done?
I'm pretty computor illiterate but I will try.Do you want the sound clip of the exhaust or of my wife yelling at me for doing the exhaust mod ? lol

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you don't mind me asking ? were did you get the screen and tip at ?
I was serious Bed Bath and Beyond for the screen(sink strainer) and a fellow member (grasshopper) made the tip for me .The screen sits in a recess he created for it.The screen is notched a tiny bit at each screw hole so it is a perfect seal. Once the original tailpipe hole is welded and ground flush you will never know it isn't stock and if I get checked I am still legal(technically) because I have a spark arrestor. I am going to weld the stock tip to my original spark arrestor flange with a hole so I can reduce the size of my tip if I want it quieter.I picked up a couple more screens to have as spares

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
400le you should be alright with just exhaust mod..but if you snorkel it i would get a programmer. Just check your plug anyway to be 100 percent sure.

Looks good doorfx and thats a sweet shop to man

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
400le you should be alright with just exhaust mod..but if you snorkel it i would get a programmer. Just check your plug anyway to be 100 percent sure.

Looks good doorfx and thats a sweet shop to man
Thanks .

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Looks good!!

Reactions: doorfx

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updates

Pics of the end plate and plug,end welded and starting to paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Looks good, my exhaust should be finished up next week.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Funny i just repainted mine this week lol

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Thanks man

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funny i just repainted mine this week lol

Looks good man.Did you use bbq paint or header paint? I was thinking about using header paint as it comes in a red close to my machine, I thought it might look cool. Only it was $12 a can more. I also did not want to draw attention to it (fish cops) lol

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I used trimclad bbq paint, i tried that vht exhaust paint on my sled didnt last worth a crap so i thought id try bbq paint, there is about 10 coats on it tho lol i used the whole can just to try and get it to last maybe

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used trimclad bbq paint, i tried that vht exhaust paint on my sled didnt last worth a crap so i thought id try bbq paint, there is about 10 coats on it tho lol i used the whole can just to try and get it to last maybe
Ok we will have to do a long term analysis of our paint jobs(lol). I used a wire wheel on my whole muffler then wiped it down with alcohol(rye will do lol) and three coats.So at the end of summer lets compare.ClapCat happyRockerdude

1 - 20 of 255 Posts