Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had problems with the baffles rattling in their stock exhaust and does warranty cover it?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Mine started rattling, and then the end cap rusted through. I called warranty (cat care) they said they won't cover it. New muffler is around $150. I am probably going to get a speedwerx aftermarket one, but it costs $255.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put a speedwerx on mine, but would like to have the stock one fixed in case I ever want to quiet it back down or want to sell the bike as stock. Mine is not rusted at all, guess I will see what kind of mood the dealer is in.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I called my dealer when the same thing happened on mine. It was after the 6 month deductable. I told them the muffler was rattling. They gave me a new one no charge. I cut the old muffler up and was able to mod it then weld it back together. I still have the new stock one.

WC

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
mine did the same thing. I replaced it with the hmf.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine is fine on my 02 500i. But in case, do they make an aftermarket one for this bike? And where should I look for one if they do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting this topic should pop up now. My son's 05 AC500 just developed this problem, only just over 600 miles on it. Scared us real bad when first heard it, thought he had cratered the engine or tranny. Will have to see if covered under warranty :site:

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 2005 500 had the same deal at around 750miles. Baffles were all loose and rattling around. This happened before the 6 month factory warraty was up and they replaced it for free.

All they did was order a new one and send it ou to me, as long as I sent the old one back. That way I had no down time.

Just make sure you get a new gasket with the new muffler, usually it is a good idea to put a new one on when you are getting a new pipe.

It should be under warranty any how. My old one stuck in the old muffer and I wrecked it trying to get it out. bang your head The dealer will have to order it seperate from the muffler as they don't come together as one.

That is just the experience I had!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine did the same thing with around 1500 miles on it they replaced it bit it cost me 50 bucks though I still have the old one am in the process of modifying it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts