Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found some heat warping of the aluminum on the clutch guard right above the primary on my 05 M7. Is this a normal thing or is that too much heat if it is making marks in the aluminum? I didn't notice until I cleaned the guard, and the guard when installed is with an inch of the primary so it must be pretty hot to do this.

Any insight? Do I need more air flow?

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is definitely too much heat inside there if it is warping the clutch cover. Installing some of the side vents would be a great idea to keep things cool. Make sure everything is aligned and tuned properly as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MT800mc @ Jan 9 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is definitely too much heat inside there if it is warping the clutch cover. Installing some of the side vents would be a great idea to keep things cool. Make sure everything is aligned and tuned properly as well.[/b]

Where can I find the side vents? I was thinking that is what I need but can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (travism7 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
search 2fun4u on snowest forums they make side vents in all colors.[/b]
I have slp side vents, and an slp flow rite in the tower on my M7's and they run nice and cool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Keweenaw,

Are you sure that the cover is warped due to clutch heat and not just part of the maunfacturing process? My new CF 8 has what looked like melted spots on the inside of the belt cover as well, but this appeared to be part of the manufacturing process. Reason I say this is that the the sled had 0 miles on it whe I to it and the clutches showed no sign of use yet.

Also if your clutches are getting so hot that the belt cover is begining to melt, your belts would be gone long befor this. Not to mention that the Primary and Secondary clutches them selves would most likely be warped or show serious signs of failure.

Snap a pic so we can see what it looks like.

6Mile

·
Registered
71 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Keweenaw @ Jan 9 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MT800mc @ Jan 9 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is definitely too much heat inside there if it is warping the clutch cover. Installing some of the side vents would be a great idea to keep things cool. Make sure everything is aligned and tuned properly as well.[/b]

Where can I find the side vents? I was thinking that is what I need but can't seem to find them.
[/b][/quote]

www.flaneinc.com

I bought mine from Troy at Fast Lane. The vents are cheaper, and I think of superior design. Fit and finish is great, customer service was great, and they worked great in DEEP pow. I didn't run my sled without them so I can't compare clutch temps with or with out them but have read too many posts on how necessary they are to be without them. No, I don't work for Fast Lane!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the too cool side vents sold by Sled Junkys. They look super awsome but in the real dry crystally powder they let a ton of snow in to the sled. I have even went as far as covering them with tape to keep the clutches from getting wet and the belt slipping. I am now looking for some material to cover the clutch side with that will prevent this from happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts