Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 alterra 700 xt has been plagued with issues since it bought it new in may 2017, i have just about 800 miles on it, I cant go trail riding anymore because after going about 50 miles the belt gets coated in oil and it doesn't move well lol. The first time I took it to the dealer under warranty. "They found nothing wrong". So now it's out of warranty, oil still gets on the belt on longer rides. I took off the cover for the Air filter to find everything coated in oil/dust cake. I took the little foam filter out and started it. There is alot of air coming out of the crankcase. What could cause this with only 800 miles? And probably been like this since new. I live in a town/rural area where driving ATV's around to the hardware store, gas station etc is the norm, so it gets alot of short trips with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
If your getting oil on the belt then I would assume u have a bad oil seal behind the clutch... since u have already had it in under warranty and the issue has not been resolved take it back. It's a existing problem they did not fix and will still be covered under warranty. U may have to contact arctic cat customer service to force the dealer to honor it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know if it is a seal after all, it seems like the motor has excessive blow by, and after getting it good and hot, it pushes the oil out there too. I did have it I'm under warranty for the belt slipping, but that was like July 2017. I doubt they would do anything 2 years later under warranty yet

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
If you want to take teh time and effort you can fight em on it and get it covered since it was a existing issue not fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts