Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife for a ride, two years ago, with a few of my buddies and their wives. We rode for several hours, and my sled was running great. We went in to the 7 Mile Inn, and had some food, and hung out for a little while. When we were leaving, I started my sled and let it idle while I was putting my helmet and gloves on. We took off across this long field that everybody races across, and my sled just would not go. Sounded like it was only hitting on one cylinder. I shut it down to check my plugs, and was totally shocked at what I found. Some jerk off stole my plugs! On top of that, he put his junk plugs in mine. I know this because they were not the ones I run. I guess there is really no point in this, just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not yet... but my luck, just give it time. I guess be happy they left their's for you. Still, I'd like to kick their A**! chairshot

·
Registered
256 Posts
ive had something along the same lines went to the boat show once in toronto someone stole my brand new wipers and left their old junk ones on the hood of my truck. it was raining of coarse

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03zr9 @ Nov 19 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ive had something along the same lines went to the boat show once in toronto someone stole my brand new wipers and left their old junk ones on the hood of my truck. it was raining of coarse[/b]
That sucks. Must have a little bad luck? That brings me to my next question, about your picture. What's up with the tow ropes?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ya that goes along the lines of my bad luck. if i didnt have bad luck i would have no luck at all. bought the sled used from dealer. didnt know what i was getting into put less then 100 miles on sled. managed to snap the drive axle and take out my chain case. was a nice repair bill. but that was out at the camp and my brother had to tow me back 7 miles to the trailer. atleast i was gettin pulled by another cat. but its the only decent picture i had of the sled so i put it up anyways

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
my ridin crew thinks I'm to anal about stuff like that I always try to park my sled where I can see it I'll even go back
out and move it cause I aint ridin b..... back!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I never even thought of that. It would sure save me some money with four sleds running to not have to buy new plugs. Thanks for the tip!!! LOL

·
Registered
409 Posts
sounds like this person needs the f,n plug
wires hooked to his nutz for a while.

that should wake a guy up like that.

he is lucky you didn,t catch him in the act.

thats as good as being at Mc Donald's,
get up to go to the john, and you come back and someone stole your fries. LOL!!!

another person that just doesn,t deserve to have a snowmobile.

thats terrible dude.

keep your eyes on the machine out the window more often when your inside a pub or wherever
your hangin at.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Last year a bunch of us from Omer went ridden and ended up at the Clear Lake Tavern. They have a spot for helmets and such but I keep my helmet with me. When we went to leave, three helmets were gone. We could not report it to the officials for ovious reasons so we had to share helmets for the 60 mile return trip home. Were going back this year with a plan, come to find out that happens there alot. We bought personal protection alarms that have trip cords to make them go off. They have a screaching, nasty sound that goes off if tripped. I wish we would get some snow as I can not wait.. Ron.

·
Registered
409 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (omercityman @ Nov 20 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Last year a bunch of us from Omer went ridden and ended up at the Clear Lake Tavern. They have a spot for helmets and such but I keep my helmet with me. When we went to leave, three helmets were gone. We could not report it to the officials for ovious reasons so we had to share helmets for the 60 mile return trip home. Were going back this year with a plan, come to find out that happens there alot. We bought personal protection alarms that have trip cords to make them go off. They have a screaching, nasty sound that goes off if tripped. I wish we would get some snow as I can not wait.. Ron.[/b]

oh dude thats brudle too.

Hey did you cut that mule you shot yet.

I want that jerky. LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rickyo @ Nov 20 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (omercityman @ Nov 20 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last year a bunch of us from Omer went ridden and ended up at the Clear Lake Tavern. They have a spot for helmets and such but I keep my helmet with me. When we went to leave, three helmets were gone. We could not report it to the officials for ovious reasons so we had to share helmets for the 60 mile return trip home. Were going back this year with a plan, come to find out that happens there alot. We bought personal protection alarms that have trip cords to make them go off. They have a screaching, nasty sound that goes off if tripped. I wish we would get some snow as I can not wait.. Ron.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Between that cow and the five deer the wife and me have got so far, don't worry there will be plenty of jerky to come. Ron. p.s., you gotta pay the postage,lol.

·
Registered
409 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (omercityman @ Nov 20 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rickyo @ Nov 20 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (omercityman @ Nov 20 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Between that cow and the five deer the wife and me have got so far, don't worry there will be plenty of jerky to come. Ron. p.s., you gotta pay the postage,lol.
[/b][/quote]

I will send you a money order for the postage
and I will pay your given price for the jerky.
let me know how much and when your
ready to send me something, and I will send you that money
order and get you paid before you even send it.
It takes work to make that stuff and you should get paid something for it.

I'M SERIOUS.

R.O.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 19 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I took my wife for a ride, two years ago, with a few of my buddies and their wives. We rode for several hours, and my sled was running great. We went in to the 7 Mile Inn, and had some food, and hung out for a little while. When we were leaving, I started my sled and let it idle while I was putting my helmet and gloves on. We took off across this long field that everybody races across, and my sled just would not go. Sounded like it was only hitting on one cylinder. I shut it down to check my plugs, and was totally shocked at what I found. Some jerk off stole my plugs! On top of that, he put his junk plugs in mine. I know this because they were not the ones I run. I guess there is really no point in this, just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem.[/b]
I suspected my Brothers friend use to do that to my sled

So I started to run Bosch plugs, well one day I go to start my SRV and sure enuff it ran like crap and I had NGKs on my engine now

So I marched over to his sled when I found him and sure enough he had my Boschs in his sled stupid prick denied it, when I asked him what plugs do you use, his response was NGK well then why the hell do you have Boschs!!!! The lil prick use to syphon gas the odd time too, but never caught him red handed but I knew it was him...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Billet aluminum pull cord handles have been targeted around here. Have seen were buddy goes out to start, and handle is gone, and rope is IN the recoil! Couldn't even tie a knot so rope hangs out. Wonderful world we live in!! chairshot

·
Registered
33 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Nov 20 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 19 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took my wife for a ride, two years ago, with a few of my buddies and their wives. We rode for several hours, and my sled was running great. We went in to the 7 Mile Inn, and had some food, and hung out for a little while. When we were leaving, I started my sled and let it idle while I was putting my helmet and gloves on. We took off across this long field that everybody races across, and my sled just would not go. Sounded like it was only hitting on one cylinder. I shut it down to check my plugs, and was totally shocked at what I found. Some jerk off stole my plugs! On top of that, he put his junk plugs in mine. I know this because they were not the ones I run. I guess there is really no point in this, just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem.[/b]
I suspected my Brothers friend use to do that to my sled

So I started to run Bosch plugs, well one day I go to start my SRV and sure enuff it ran like crap and I had NGKs on my engine now

So I marched over to his sled when I found him and sure enough he had my Boschs in his sled stupid prick denied it, when I asked him what plugs do you use, his response was NGK well then why the hell do you have Boschs!!!! The lil prick use to syphon gas the odd time too, but never caught him red handed but I knew it was him...
[/b][/quote]

if someone stole my pull handle i'd find the guy and smash him in the face with my helmet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
its funny what people will steal. for the guy stealing the bosh plugs simply get out you center punch and put a couple pin pricks in the steel ring. and if it happens again he can ya ya i switched plugs. but you will be able to see your witness marks on the plugs.

·
Administrator
19,876 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03zr9 @ Nov 20 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its funny what people will steal. for the guy stealing the bosh plugs simply get out you center punch and put a couple pin pricks in the steel ring. and if it happens again he can ya ya i switched plugs. but you will be able to see your witness marks on the plugs.[/b]
Great idea, hope it helps someone some where, just one person getting busted for it would be justice served

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I have been parking my zr in my parents driveway for 2 seasons now. One day before a ride, i noticed the center idler wheel missing.. Well, they do occasionally fly off, So I replaced it. Next season, the same wheel is gone again. So I replace it again . Well, it comes in 3's as they say.. Sure enough next week i am missing another idler.. Now i am totally pissed.I know now they where stolen because i had lock-tite'd the living **** outta the last two. The bolts where removed and the center shaft was left lying perfectly dead center. Only one guy in the neighborhood runs a cat, and its about the same year and has some nice new center idlers on it....Hmmmm.. I would seriously crack a skull open if i ever caught the culprits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts