Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested in doing this swap I've complied a list of pictures and a MS Word Document with instructions. When I did the swap I couldn't find pics to go along with the instructions so I took my own. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you out.

Stock front mounting plate; nothing done yet.

[attachment=81678:Suspension_Upgrade.doc]

[attachment=88011:100_0947.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scribed line 3/4" from front of mounting bracket. First grind off two rivets to the right of the scribed line in picture (towards front of sled) then begin to cut line.

[attachment=88012:100_0949.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a question on the mounting holes... When you get ready to put the skid in do you have the skid relaxed on the floor and take your bolt-to-bolt measurement and use that to get your measurements on the sled tunnel? also how do you know where to place the TSL in the correct position?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Panther500F @ Jan 15 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had a question on the mounting holes... When you get ready to put the skid in do you have the skid relaxed on the floor and take your bolt-to-bolt measurement and use that to get your measurements on the sled tunnel? also how do you know where to place the TSL in the correct position?[/b]
No, that won't work. You need the bolt to bolt measurement from the holes on the doner sled or at least a sled similar to it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just transplanted a ZR skid in a Cougar and used the 23 3/4" measurement that Scooter mentioned. Did a bunch of math and layed it out inside the tunnel before drilling and it worked great. BTW the skid I used was from a 98 ZR600. Not saying it is the right measurement for you to use but it worked in the Cougar I have. If you have a ZR6 to measure I would use that first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would like some clarification on this. Is 97 the first year of the ETT and TSL. I know that in 2000 they changed the design of the rails to make them stronger. Would I get the same ride from a 97-99 compared to 2000-present other than they aren't as strong?!?! Is there the same amount of travel from one era to the other. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is ultimately better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (76CrossCountryCat @ Feb 8 2007, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would like some clarification on this. Is 97 the first year of the ETT and TSL. I know that in 2000 they changed the design of the rails to make them stronger. Would I get the same ride from a 97-99 compared to 2000-present other than they aren't as strong?!?! Is there the same amount of travel from one era to the other. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is ultimately better.[/b]
The actual travel didn't change between those model year skids. As far as what ones are better, I would say that the 2000+ year ones would be better due to the durability being better.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.