Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I did a few searches on here about Ethanol switch but i couldn't find what i was looking for. I was wondering if the 06 F7's still have the switch or not. I find that my F7 is really hard on gas, it don't matter if i am going 30MPH all day for 100MPH all day it still burning a lot of gas. I am starting to think that i have a Ethanol switch and that is why i am hard on gas. So if anyone have a pic of where i could find this switch it would be great. If the switch is not my problem, do anyone know what i could do to get a little bit better mileage. Would a fuel re-stricter be any help? I am only getting around 9.5 to 10.5 MPG. Last year i was getting around 12 MPG but since i brought it up to the dealer to get it serviced it is wicked on gas. So, any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

JCR

·
Registered
13 Posts
the ethanol switch is on the left side of the sled ( as your sitting on it ) up on the dash ( just above where the gas tank meets the cowl )

as to if the 06's have them im not sure....but id assume they do because i know the 05's have them and i doubt they'd take them off the 07's just for a year..someone else will have to chime in on that though

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JamieCRoberts @ Feb 4 2007, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I will have another look later on today and see if i can find it. So, when is it in ethanol mode? Plugged in or Unplugged..? Thanks in Advance.

JCR[/b]
Unplugged(disconnected) will put you in the ETH mode.
NOTE.;In order for ECU to change modes,the engine must be OFF when connecting or dis- connecting the fuel designation connector.

Puts about addtitonal 3- 4 % fuel through the injectors.

I' ve never tried it unplugged , may help on long WOT runs across the lakes.(?)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never had a chance to have a look for the ETH plug yet but i will tonight after work. I am just wondering now that, if it is not the ETH plug that is my problem for poor fuel mileage. Do ya think that a fuel re-stricter would be any help to give me better fuel mileage.? I don't care even if it is only 1 MPG better. Thanks in Adance

JCR

·
Registered
330 Posts
the eth. swith is the blue plug on the left side of the air intake. simply unplug and let r rip, on have done it once. no "big" difference.except my wallet was thicker when i got home! as for gas mileage, all the firecats i know are thirsty, plus i dont' really care about mileage, i'm out for fun, not driving to work.(wish i could keep the throttle off the bar once in awhile, more stakes and less mickey dee's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.