Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have burped the system to make sure there isnt any air in it and the sled runs great, but as soon as I hit the throttle I get a coolant light. Once I let off the gas and the sled slows to a stop the light fades off. I'm stumped on whats going on. The sled is running well, and I know its not getting to hot because I figured I would have burnt up the motor if it really was that hot.

Any suggestions what might be going on? Sled is an 02 AC with the 800 carb.

Thanx,

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im thinking. I just checked the motor ground and it was dirty and a bit loose. I cleaned it and will check in the am to see if its the issue. An odd problem for sure.

Wires all look good, any way to test the sending unit?

Thanx

·
Registered
285 Posts
The dealer burped my sled for me when they put the engine in...apparantly....but i still added over 2L of coolant over the next 2 rides. Tip your sled on its side a couple times while riding and pack a jug of coolant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was almost positive the system was full and burped, however im still getting a coolant light. The sled seems to run well, maybe a little hot, but still will burp coolant out the tank. Im suspecting a head gasket is starting to fail and pressurizing the system causing coolant to blow out. I ordered some new gaskets and should have them tomorrow. I really hope this is the issue.

Side note: Also ordered some RSI grip warmers, as mine are terrible and the left isnt working at all.

ByDesign

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the inner o-ring failed, causing the motor to pressurize the system. All is well now and running good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts