Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Slow winter here in NY without any snow. Doing an engine swap on an 01 ZR800 and putting in an 02 500 engine. Now I have done the swap of making a 500 an 800 and now going the other way. my only issue is the front motor mounts. They don't mount on top of the rail like the 800, they mount below. I ordered 0623-699 which is the insert that goes into the rail for the motor mount. Problem is, the inserts just slide right in. I would have assumed that these would need to be hammered in to hold the mount down. I ended up ordering another set thinking maybe I had a faulty set, but the new ones are the same size. Now I thought maybe they will expand one the motor mount is screwed in, but that isn't the case either. Anyone have any experience with this they can share? I'm at stand still snow and not sure where to go from here. I appreciate any input!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I had no idea. I was wondering why they just slipped in. I ended up buying more thinking I got faulty inserts. I love buying tools, but man, I am only going to use this thing one time! Thanks so much for the link though, I'll get it ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.