Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what the hell is this.. On my son's 03 F7 standard. It starts and runs perfectly. after you ride it a while (30 min. or so) when he comes to a stop, it will SOMETIMES just stop, just as though you hit the kill switch. It only does this when he comes to a stop, it runs perfectly otherwise, and it only does it about every other stop. When you go to restart it, sometimes it fires right off, others you can pull several times with no response, like the kill switch is hit. Then you pull again and it fires right off. I have disconnected the key switch, kill switch button, and the throttle safety switch. and it will still do it just as often. On the throttle safety switch, ( which is the thing that makes the most sense) I've disconnected it at the plug, is there a second set of wires or something that are connected to the switch that I don't see that could let the switch still activate?? Any ideas??? bang your head Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
is it carb? you might have to turn the screws to turn the idle up a bit. if not i had my hole throttle switch replaced over the summer cause i had a similair problem, though not the same.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Adjust up the throttle cable so you can only get a credit card between the lever and the block. Then see if that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I unplugged the fuel pump connector, and found corrosion on the pin connectors ( see pic) could this be it.. when it comes to a idle, does voltage drop enough to make this dirty connection inadequet. or as engine compartment temp comes up,( increasing resistance ) cause this connection to fail.. Intermittently.. I cleaned up the pins with a file and greased them up good...I'll keep my fingers crossed..[attachment=64862:03F7_issue.jpg][attachment=64863:03F7_issue__1_.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts