Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right out of Supertrax International.

"Under the hood the same choices of engines remain. The 600 and 1000 are pipe sensor controlled EFI strokes and have been remapped for better throttle response and cleaner emissions."

"After riding these sleds and comparing them to out 2007 test units we noticed much crisper engine performance, particularily from the 600 and 800."

There are a lot of 600 owners who felt the engine was running really rich. As a matter of fact I was the brunt of a few jokes.....when I would hit the throttle it would smoke and leave a nice trail in the snow. This is with the oil pump adjustment and better airflow. Now I'm wondering if my 06 600 can be remapped to the new specs.

Thought all you 06/07 600 owners might like to know this too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I feel your pain, motor loads up bad if you are idling around. I have complained about that from the first day i had the sled. I had mine reflashed last year and I think it made it worse. Maybe this time they have it figured out. Would like to know if they really improved the 08's fuel map??

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
How does a guy get a ECU reflashed if they want to? Just go to the dealer and ask him? What if he doesn't want too?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go to your dealer and suggest that you need it done, u will have to discribe to him conditions that warrent having it done.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I feel your pain, motor loads up bad if you are idling around. I have complained about that from the first day i had the sled. I had mine reflashed last year and I think it made it worse. Maybe this time they have it figured out. Would like to know if they really improved the 08's fuel map??[/b]

This is the answer we are all waiting for. No one will no until the new iron hits the snow/ice. As most know... production models have to be EPA compliant.

Prototypes at the test sites I don't believe have to be ... I dunno

·
Registered
197 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Apr 4 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I feel your pain, motor loads up bad if you are idling around. I have complained about that from the first day i had the sled. I had mine reflashed last year and I think it made it worse. Maybe this time they have it figured out. Would like to know if they really improved the 08's fuel map??[/b]

I agree on this, even I have 700. When riding, engine feels always best after day driven. Next morning it will be again sluggish until you hit full throttle and drive hard for some time.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, my 06 loads up with fuel at the bottom end as well. Have done a couple thing so make it better, but the remap would be nice if they have truly addressed the issue. It is supposed to be even more EPA compliant so I assume this means they have "trimmed the fat" out of the old mapping. I will be discussing this with my dealer and getting my 06 done to 08 specs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yah, I knew mine was running plenty rich at low end but after riding with the kids I found out how bad it really was. Thing took a good 2-3 miles to really clean out after riding around slow. Would jump on my 02 zl 600 efi that my daughter was riding and it wasn't loaded up at all. Tells me that it is a fuel mapping problem on my cf. I have adjusted my oil pump and I also have the high flow intake. Seems like no matter how hard you try to keep it cleaned out their is always a time or two when you are out riding that it gets all loaded up and affects your throttle response.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kerry3eb @ Apr 5 2007, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mine too guys,fat and rich down below,loads up then after riding hard it clears up until i stop shut it off and re-start and its loaded back up.[/b]

Kerry,

I don't think I've ever seen a pic when your skis are on the snow unless it is parked.... :beer_cheers:

Anyway... a quick hi jack. I noticed on my 07 XF 1000 that it would not pull the skis as easily as the 700. The 700 IMO was better balanced. What I call a see/saw effect. Slide forward weight on skis, slide back... pops up on powder like a rabbit on steroids. The mechanic told me the tunnels were redesigned and limited the ski lift this year. Great for the trails, but not as effective in the powder.
I don't think it is the weight of the motor.

Any opinions or ideas to look forward to for next season? I'm hoping for a 08 XF1000 Nightfire SP. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Cat re-maps every EFI sled every year. All year F7's have different ECU's. 06 was best, then 03, 05 and 04 IMO.

If you have a slightly rich 700 put in a 2.5 degree timing key. That will clean it right up.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Apr 5 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cat re-maps every EFI sled every year. All year F7's have different ECU's. 06 was best, then 03, 05 and 04 IMO.

If you have a slightly rich 700 put in a 2.5 degree timing key. That will clean it right up.[/b]

But then you have to run premium and availability in some areas around here is very rare.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Lots of guys run 87 octane with keys though that's not for everyone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ran a 2.5 key all year on 87 octane and didnt have any problems. My dealer sid running the higher octane robs HP, these engines dont have the high compression that requires higher octane My 2 cents.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have been bouncing around the sites and I saw a post or read an article on multiple injectors / cylinder. Now I can't find it. badcomputer

It was a design that would clean up the low end and increase efficiency as well... possible case ? injected and the second in the head?

Anyone seen this? I believe that I read some of the manufacturer's have tried this including AC.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Intersting comments about running 87 with a timing key. Anyone I have spoken to about it said I "must" run higher octane fuel. I've statyed away from them for that very reason.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRrrr @ Apr 7 2007, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Intersting comments about running 87 with a timing key. Anyone I have spoken to about it said I "must" run higher octane fuel. I've statyed away from them for that very reason.[/b]

It's what I was told as well. Timing keys, porting, pipes, etc. all require higher octane. If this isn't true... I'm all ears. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Apr 5 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kerry3eb @ Apr 5 2007, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine too guys,fat and rich down below,loads up then after riding hard it clears up until i stop shut it off and re-start and its loaded back up.[/b]

Kerry,

I don't think I've ever seen a pic when your skis are on the snow unless it is parked.... :beer_cheers:

Anyway... a quick hi jack. I noticed on my 07 XF 1000 that it would not pull the skis as easily as the 700. The 700 IMO was better balanced. What I call a see/saw effect. Slide forward weight on skis, slide back... pops up on powder like a rabbit on steroids. The mechanic told me the tunnels were redesigned and limited the ski lift this year. Great for the trails, but not as effective in the powder.
I don't think it is the weight of the motor.

Any opinions or ideas to look forward to for next season? I'm hoping for a 08 XF1000 Nightfire SP. :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]

ron,
they like being up there.i try to tell them but they don't listen. :beer_cheers:
actually i had zero transfer with my blocks in and the rip saw track,once i swapped out track and pulled the blocks,it does exactly what i need it to do.

i can't see a 2.5 degree timing key take care of a rich low end condition alone.my sled is perfect up top.so lets say we advance 2.5 degrees and we currently have more fuel(like it is)on the low end,then my stock mapping delivers the proper fuel up top,but with an advancement in timing i'll pre-detonate,thus needing higher octane fuel. therefore i too am leaning towards re-mapping.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts