Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a concern with my 2004 DVX I bought USED. When I first brought it home I checked the oil and it was dirty and the tank was almost full (I MEAN FULL)! I drained all oil and filled between the cross hatched marks. Drove it for a week or so on and off. Noticed my rad resevoir down about a half inch. I guess thats normal? I checked my oil today and its at the top of the cross hatch after my short ride. Cant tell if there is a tinge of green in my oil. Is it possible for the rad to leak into the oil tank? I HOPE NOT!!!!!!
Neil

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add to this post. I did put over 2 litres of oil in the tank. The oil tank has a sticker on it saying 2000, I understand that this means 2 litres of oil. I put 2 litres plus a bit of a 3rd. Arctic cat synthetic. I put 2 litres in when I bought it and it did not show on dipstick after 3 min of running. I then put in about a 3rd of another litre to get between the min/max lines. It did stay between those lines for a week. Now full to the max line.
Neil

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Every oil change I have done, with filter, has taken over 2 liters as well to fill.

As for other oil issue, check your fuel petcock and make sure it is in the ON or RESVERSE postion and not in between as that is a PRIME and will constantly dump fuel into the engine. I know I've read on here that some members with 4x4's have had issues of the gas filling up the engine and crankcase causing the gas to mix with the oil. That could be your problem.

If it is anti-freeze the oil would look somewhat milky.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The oil was milky grey when I first drained it. Now it is still clear. Just a bit higher than when I filled it 2 weeks ago. Just want to be sure no rad fluid is leaking into oil. I cant see it happening being only a few years old. But you never know. ANy way for me to really check? Is there a seal that could be worn? Should I not worry too much about it?

Neil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts