Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Weird one here. Riding today in some water not deeper than the floor board. Not going fast and engine just quit. All lights and accessories worked but I checked fuses anyway. Nothing wrong there.
Engine just would not crank over. It would sputter like it wanted to but just wouldn't. After continuing trying to start it, it eventually turned over. Gave it gas and died. Back to square one. Several minutes later, it cranked. This time I waited and then gave it gas. Did ok, put in gear, died. Tried again for about 5 minutes, and it cranked. Waited, put in gear, drove straight home.

Any ideas? Kinda sounds likes fuel pump or something in the lines that got passed. I'm up for suggestions or ideas.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
wet spark plug cap.

Reactions: Arcticalex

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Put a one way check valve on your carb float bowl drain line. Water can enter the carb and get in the float bowl. It will not run till you get the water out of the bowl then away you go.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I agree with Doorfx. Get yourself a tube of diaelectric grease and go through all of the harness connectors and put diaelectric grease in the connectors. I would drain the carb and try again. There's a screw on the bowl just unscrew and let it flow.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Also pull the spark plug wire and put some grease in the boot.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
make sure cap is screwed in fully and the wire is screwed in tight at the coil as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.