Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 wildcat...

played with the jetting, but noticed it seems to cut out when punching it for high speeds. I thought I had it when I leaned my main jet to a 380 from a 400, but seems to come back after it gets warmed up......any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Been thinking, if it blubbers and is slugish it would be too rich, cutting out could be starving for fuel or spark!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Is it a sporatic spark interuption that occurs at any throttle position above engagement RPM? If so the the Trottle Safety Switch is the likely culprit. You will need a bypass plug to test that possibility. There should be a three prong plug near the base of the handle bars and you need to jump the enclosed connector to the center exposed connector. This will permit you to operate the sled, but the kill switch will not work. Give that a try.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a possible somewhat pinched fuel line to the 1 carb. I noticed that side was running lean. Seems to be alot better. It does not seem to get worse anymore the longer you drive it.

I am getting a small "cutting out" still. (not a bog) Just seems like it is not getting enough fuel. I have noticed when I turn the air-fuel screw in, it gets worse. I have it at 2 turns out and will see what it does.

Does turning the air screw out....richen it?

Had to take a break from it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode some more....ran pretty good....idles nice, and very fast/smooth from 1/3 to full throttle. It has a little bit of hesitation from idle to 1/3, but not bad at all.

Putting it on ebay today. Looking at $650 for it if anyone wants it.

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts