Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing a day or two ride out at a place called Elkhorn lake near Jave Va. The owners of the place seam Ok. they have 600 or so acres and it said about 25 to 30 miles of trails. Has anyone ever gone there? How was the riding.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the riding was good. There were a couple trails closed due to too wet. And some bridges washed out. They were working on this. Spent about 5 hours there. One side of trails were very hilly and slow going along with the advanced trail. There was another set of trails that were more open and a little faster moving. Most all were marked pretty good and the trails in the hilly woods were all one way and marked pretty well. There were a couple of serious inclines and some by passes. The 4x4 had no issue. We would have stayed another hour or two but we decided to go do the first trail we did and about five min into it the first good incline winding hill by this time had mud and some deep ruts with very little chance of another route up. I had my grandson and the 4x4 650 Arctic Cat H1 2up and it had no issue. My son in law didn't want to have the strap hooked on half way up this time when he gets stuck. So he decided to give it a little more going into it and went for the inside edge. The mud was so bad he caught the rut and the machine buried in and he did a header over the bars. He was Ok but a bit banged up. He had his riding gear on! The Polaris seal on the front tire broke and bam we were knee deep getting it out. I pulled out a ratchet strap and 12 volt compressor from the bag. Used the strap around the tire to get the bead close to the rim. shot a little slime into it and with some kicking of the tire and air she was back up and running. All in all we had a good day. This place would be good in the summer for the family. It has lots of camp sites several cabins pool with a waterslide and a beach. Could be a good time with kids.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.