Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to replace the stock pogo sticks on my 400ex and I was wondering who had experience with the Elkas and if this was a good price? I know someone on here had them on a Cat which I believe he put the orange cat plastics on but I can't remember. Here is the link TRX 250R Elka Shocks TRX250R 450R | eBay

·
Registered
342 Posts
Best money I've spent on the bike other than the turbo :). I can ride double sitting down over rough terrain at 25mph and it feels like I'm running over a few pebbles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The shock is worth more then the 4 wheeler. make sure its what you want and plan to keep the wheeler before making that kind of purchase. Also that is off a 250cc 2 stroke wheeler. Being yours is a 400 and 4 stroke I think yours would be much heavier the a 250cc 2 stroke.
As for Elka suspension there one of the best out there. If you were going to race pro I can see getting them but for just trail riding that is a hefty $$$ to spend.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So is $400 a good price? The current shocks are like pogo sticks and don't do much. Ruffy what do you mean worth more then the four wheeler? I assume you mean brand new?

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
300 a piece new.

·
Registered
435 Posts
So is $400 a good price? The current shocks are like pogo sticks and don't do much. Ruffy what do you mean worth more then the four wheeler? I assume you mean brand new?
Yes I ment new. Not bashing your wheeler at all. I think there a good machine but there is no market for them. In my area you would be lucky to get $1200 for a really nice 400EX. Its sad because the price you pay for one new. I think its the lack of Honda updating there ATV lines.
Before you buy them shocks check and find the weight on your 4 wheeler and the weight of the 250 there coming off of. $400 is a real good price for Elka shocks! Thats only if you get all 3.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I bought it for $1400 and I'm happy with it, a 450 would be sweet though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts