Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 650 H1 cat. I have the plow (warn ) all hooked up and am trying to make the last electric connection to the key switch. It is a 3 wire winch harness which I connected the 2 wire plug to the winch. The 3rd wire is red and the instructions say to connect it to the 'key-on' wire. Do I just splice this red winch wire to one of the key on wires ? If so do you know which wire out of the key switch that would be ? I take it you would strip just enough insulation off the key on wire and then solder the winch red wire to it ?

Thanks Chuck

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
There is a connection for the winch (key on) under the black plastic in front of your pod, under the front rack. Just pull the 2 plastic rivots out and remove the 2 black plastic pieces. There is a 2 wire connector "+" and "-" for heated hand grips/winch use.
The Cat issued Warn winch has the right plug and instructions just for this. Makes winch hook-up a breeze.
So dont cut any wires that you dont have to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I only have the Warn snowplow kit. I bought a Pro winch. Since the 'key on' red wire that I need to hookup doesn't have a plug in receptacle should I go to the AC dealer and get one to attach the red wire to ? I will look for the 'box' as you said and see what I need.

Thanks

Chuck

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
Any automotive parts place or even a good hardware will have that connection. But if your Cat dealer is closer.....
It takes just less than a minute to remove the black plastic piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...looks like a easy fix. I bought the plow kit thinking of snow this year at our house in Tenn, as we have a long gravel road to take care of.

Thanks

Chuck H

·
Registered
171 Posts
have a problem with my 2004 arctic cat 400 4x4 it has the arcticat warn winch set up with all the right connection harnesses when i push the buton 4 the plow to go up or down the relay back behind the air box just clicks either way replaced the switch and the 75 $ relay still didnt fix it any thoughts ????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a connection for the winch (key on) under the black plastic in front of your pod, under the front rack. Just pull the 2 plastic rivots out and remove the 2 black plastic pieces. There is a 2 wire connector "+" and "-" for heated hand grips/winch use.
The Cat issued Warn winch has the right plug and instructions just for this. Makes winch hook-up a breeze.
So dont cut any wires that you dont have to.
All i found was a receptacle with 1 black wire ( male ) and 1 orange wire (female ) . I did put the red winch wire into the orange socket and then the black socket but nothing happened and no power.

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
key has to be on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
key has to be on.
Figured it out...didn't have the wire fully inserted into the plug. Friend is giving me a plug so i won't have to splice wires !! Works great and am ready for the snow in the Tenn. mountains with the new plow and winch !

Thanks for all the help !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts