Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 H1 650 prowler 4x4 automatic.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2006 H1 prowler 650. After it has been running for about 20 minutes, the screen goes dark and keeps blinking Volts. It has a brand new battery on it, any ideas?

Also sometimes when I try to start it it just goes click, and I have to turn the key 5-6 times before it will start.

I am thinking the two problems are connected, maybe, HELP?

P.S. I know this is not the prowler forum but got no action on that one.

·
Administrator
38,058 Posts
What voltage do you get at the battery when it’s running?

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
15.5 is max voltage on your machine. It may be just because you have a bad battery connection and/or ground especially with your other issue.
If connections are good I would suggest changing the regulator. Does voltage change with lights on?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15.5 is max voltage on your machine. It may be just because you have a bad battery connection and/or ground especially with your other issue.
If connections are good I would suggest changing the regulator. Does voltage change with lights on?
I'll check the voltage with the lights, Where would I find the regulator, give or take, and what does it look like.

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
853 Posts
Get a service manual from countrycat, It shows how to test the electrical system. CountryCat

You could start by making sure the battery terminals are tight. (Use a wrench!)

Arcticfrost

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get a service manual from countrycat, It shows how to test the electrical system. CountryCat

You could start by making sure the battery terminals are tight. (Use a wrench!)

Arcticfrost
That I did, both service manual, and checking the terminals, I am going to check the regulator next.

·
Administrator
38,058 Posts
Did you figure it out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts