Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 Wildcat 1000 x and I put it on the left side today. With some help, I was able to get it back on its wheels and it started right up. I drove it around for about 5 minutes then headed for home. After about a mile, I made the turn on my street, and it stopped running. It shows voltage, and it will turn over, but no power seems to be getting to the instrument cluster. Any clues as to where I should start looking are certainly welcome and appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, I have a 2013 Wildcat 1000 x and I put it on the left side today. With some help, I was able to get it back on its wheels and it started right up. I drove it around for about 5 minutes then headed for home. After about a mile, I made the turn on my street, and it stopped running. It shows voltage, and it will turn over, but no power seems to be getting to the instrument cluster. Any clues as to where I should start looking are certainly welcome and appreciated!
Update: I found a 10 amp fuse blown in the slot labeled EFI. I replaced it and had power to the instrument cluster, but when I turned the switch to start, after a few seconds of turning over, the fuse blew again. Anyone here know how to trace electrical problems down?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I found a 10 amp fuse blown in the slot labeled EFI. I replaced it and had power to the instrument cluster, but when I turned the switch to start, after a few seconds of turning over, the fuse blew again. Anyone here know how to trace electrical problems down?

Thanks
Update #2, I replaced the same fuse and planned to see if it would blow simply by turning the key on. It didn't after about a minute so I tried starting it and it fired right up. Now I don't trust that it won't leave me stranded when I'm not so close to home. I need to replace some suspension parts, so I've got some time to do more checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts