Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have a 2014 500 Red and I have had nothing but issues with keeping it running. I think the machine when it is running, is great. It would cut out sporadically, so I replaced the battery, changed the plug and pulled the fuel from the tank (thinking there may have been moisture in the tank when I bought it used). When that didn't work I had the dash and battery sometimes not engage when the key was turned, so I replaced the ignition coil. The problem persisted so I changed the solenoid. Brings us to now, when the battery is strong and it engages, but will fire. It flashed the crank position error code once, but now, it just turns the starter over and over, but no gas. Before I change out the stator..... any ideas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Get a free service manual from country cat and follow the test procedures. Much better than blindly throwing parts at it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
If the CPS is comming up as a random code then i would change that out.. If that is malfunctioning it will never start... before replacing check all the connections going to it for green wires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts