Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 03 F7 Sno pro and I am getting ready to go to the sweet mother land we call the UP'per. Well this morning I started up my sled and it seemed to be running a little funny. Then I notice that my headlights would not turn and my TAC was not working. The sled was running, but it seemed to be running a little rich(I pulled one plug and it was a all black and gassy). I hooked up a test light to my TAC and I get a very faint or weak signal. All the wires look like they are connected. I am justed stumped at where to go from here.

Can some one offer me some sugestions on where to start looking and testing to fix my problem?

Does anyone have wiring schematics for this make/model?

Thanks for all help.

Arlop

-=ThInK SnOw=-

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds like the stator went if you ask me. When its running, can you get over 5000 rpm? If you can't I think the sled goes into limp home mode if there isn't any draw from a source such as a headlight. Does your taillight work?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I lost lights lights tach and all on my 05 F7. Initially they would work then turn off, and each time they went off, they would stay off longer and longer untill they just quit. Turned out to be a voltage regulater. New voltage regulater started the same deal, and turned out to not be grounded properly. I know this doesn't explain the fat motor, but if you haven't run yet this year, the motor could be a isolated issue from the electrical. Just a thought for what its worth. Hope you getter figured out quick! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know where the Voltage Regalator is? I thought the regulator was built in to the stator. It there a diffrent one for lights?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry Arlop, but I don't remember where it was located as I don't own that sled anymore. I do remember though that it was a square box maybe 3" x 3" and about 1-2" thick. It had a pigtail that plugged in. Not part of the stator on that sled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info...I have tested at the regalator...and it seems to be fine. I just purchased a stator going to slap that in and try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts