Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been around for awhile but just read most of the time....
So, I have 2 touring 660's that run fine most of the time. The problem on both is that at anytime during a ride it's like someone turned off a light switch on the sleds and quickly turned it back on. I lose everything for a brief second and then it runs fine.That's lights and engine go out. I could go 20 minutes between episodes or it could happen 5 times in 3 minutes. No rhyme or reason. On a recent 136 mile ride it happened at least 100+ times on one and a lesser amount on the other.
Anyone have thoughts on where I could possibly start to look for the issue?
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
What years are they and both NON turbo?

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Don’t think it would be that if everything goes out intermittently. Not quite sure what it would be and to happen with both sleds is just weird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happens when the TSS cuts in on other sleds? Does it kill everything like when you turn the key off? On my 2 sleds, the lights go out and the CE light flashes and the engine dies for a second.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
It cuts off spark. Your losing total power which may mean ECU or a short in the wiring of that circuit. Wiring harness diagrams can be found on country cat . com to download. Maybe check grounds and make sure they are clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the wiring diagram and am looking for where the grounds are. Any quick solution to finding where the grounds are located?
Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Been around for awhile but just read most of the time....
So, I have 2 touring 660's that run fine most of the time. The problem on both is that at anytime during a ride it's like someone turned off a light switch on the sleds and quickly turned it back on. I lose everything for a brief second and then it runs fine.That's lights and engine go out. I could go 20 minutes between episodes or it could happen 5 times in 3 minutes. No rhyme or reason. On a recent 136 mile ride it happened at least 100+ times on one and a lesser amount on the other.
Anyone have thoughts on where I could possibly start to look for the issue?
Thanks!
Intermittent electrical problems can be a bear to diagnose. Start her up and start wiggling wire harnesses and lightly tap the ECU, Voltage reg., etc. If it happens, you know you are getting close. That's weird that it happens to BOTH sleds. Pattern Failure?

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Huh. It's just a PDF, should be pretty easy to open. I just clicked on it and it downloaded and opened just fine.

Pretty much there's an issue with the "throttle seal" that causes the throttle kill switch to kick on when it shouldn't. You need to get an updated part to fix the issue. Setting the cable free play is also really important.

K

·
Registered
10,408 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered the throttle seals and will install them in two weeks when I head back north. Thanks and will keep you posted on the results

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Ordered the throttle seals and will install them in two weeks when I head back north. Thanks and will keep you posted on the results
Great! It worked on my '02.

In the mean time check the cable tension and try to only pretty the throttle square (try not to push down on the flipper) and it will run OK.

K

1 - 17 of 17 Posts