Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a complete Electric start setup from a 2002 Arctic cat Pantera 600 and I am looking to install it into a 2002 ZR 500 Cross Country. It even included the entire sled wiring harness, here is the auction that I won for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Maybe someone can help me out with what I need to know as far as wiring is concerned. Can I just swap out wiring harnesses, or do I need to modify the existing one? The Pantera this came out of had reverse as well, because the wiring harness has the back up speaker. I will also be installing a reverse kit on this sled, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

ANY help is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, so after some digging, I found the parts diagram of the parts I would need if I bought an electric start add-on kit, which includes the ignition and wiring harness for just the starting system.

http://alpha-sports.com/sled/2002/zr500cc/03.gif

I have duplicated this wiring harness by removing all the unnecessary stuff from the complete pantera wiring harness that I have. The only question/issue I have is part number 31 in the parts diagram. It is this: 31: 0630-002 Diode, Charging
I do not understand this, as the diagram seems to indicate that this charging circuit doesn't hook up to anything... I mean, there isn't going to be a plug on my sled in which to plug that in to, so what's the point?

I honestly don't think I have to worry about it, since I am using the regulator/rectifier from the Pantera, and just modifying its connector for it to be compatible with my new wiring harness that I made for the starting system.

Edit: The attached picture below better illustrates what I am talking about.

[attachment=139339:electric_start.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually part number 30 in the above attached diagram.

nobody has any ideas here?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Looks like you have it figured out pretty well.

My wife's 2005 Pantera 600 EFI has that lead going to the Accessory/Lighter jack.

And I confirmed it in the 2002 shop manual wiring diagram - so the 2002 is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts