Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way, or someone that makes something that allows the sled side of the plug to be mounted (perhaps in the dash?) rather than just flopping around on the sled?
Thanks in advance for any info!

:TA

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got one from a ski-doo dealer. I mounted it in the left side of the console by the choke lever. Just need to drill a 3/8" hole and mount with supplied backing nut. It has an attached cover to keep it dry when not being used.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (triple8 @ Nov 7 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got one from a ski-doo dealer. I mounted it in the left side of the console by the choke lever. Just need to drill a 3/8" hole and mount with supplied backing nut. It has an attached cover to keep it dry when not being used.[/b]

Nice....that's where I'm thinking I want to put mine as well.
Did you have to do any modifications as far as wiring for the outlet?
(just thinking that the ski doo stuff won't plug directly into the 'cat stuff)

Would you happen to have a part # for the set-up you used?

Right now I have the sled side plugged into the plug near the tach and ran
out of the hood from the left side vents near my knee. (female end)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raceguy @ Nov 7 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone know of a way, or someone that makes something that allows the sled side of the plug to be mounted (perhaps in the dash?) rather than just flopping around on the sled?

:TA[/b]

Like this?

[attachment=138694:IMG_0497.JPG][attachment=138695:IMG_0496.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (insaincat @ Nov 8 2009, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raceguy @ Nov 7 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:TA[/b]

Like this?

[attachment=138694:IMG_0497.JPG][attachment=138695:IMG_0496.JPG]
[/b][/quote]

That would work also....but snow getting into it while the sled is parked could be a bad thing....or no?
Any idea how a guy could cap off the plug with a set up like that?
Ever have any issues with snow/moisture getting into it?

Thanks for the reply....that's definitely a possibility!

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
I haven't had a snow issue as I unplug the shield from my helmet when I leave the sled. I just wrap the cord around the handlebar a couple of times. I took a plastic wire clamp to hold the plug-in to console.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ok guys, It's my turn to contribute. Here's how I set up my heated shield connections. Below is pics from my F5. The part is an female RCA panel connector.
[attachment=139442:S4300663.JPG]
[attachment=139443:S4300665.JPG]
[attachment=139444:S4300669.JPG]
Just drill a hole, install the connector with a small washer on the outside, tighten up the nut, solder the hot wire to the center and the ground to the tab. That's it. Easy and it's a one hand connection. I can't count how many times I've taken off on my sled only to realize I've forgotten to plug in my cord. With this, all it takes is one hand to plug in.
[attachment=139445:S4300676.JPG]
Sorry for the blury pic of the connector but that's the best I could get it. :beer_cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts