Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my cat running and it runs great. Had to replace the choke that I broke when I cleaned the carb. I sure as hell wasnt paying cat $125 minimum for one. Harley Davidson used to use the same brand carbs. It fits and works just like its supposed to. The part number is 27782-00Y, Enrichner, Automatic. $63.49 plus tax and shipping if you dont have a dealer close by. Now not all Harleydavidson dealers can order it but they may be able to get it from a dealer that has one in stock. Dont know why but some cannot. The brand name is Buell. I'm glad I got it I have a ride next week and just got it together tonight, took it for a quick ride in the pasture and she didnt miss a beat. Gonna check the plug tomorrow for jetting.

Reactions: 20034004x4auto

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does look like a fun bike to ride! Been along time since I've rode on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think it will. The 500 has a 36 mm carb and the 400 has a 34mm, different part number too. I just went to the local HarleyDavidson dealer and told them what carb I had and the parts guy looked it up for me. The parts fiche shows yours to be a CVK34-AE. Give them that number and see if they can find it for you. If not googling Buell may get it.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I would update the Buell electric choke. Still running great, starts right up even after sitting a couple of days. Its been chilly here, 40's, and no problem, should be good even this winter.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is this the same choke for the 650 Prowler 08? I believe mine was bad also. I fixed it for now but would like to eventually replace the choke.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part numbers are different. 5507-113 for mine and 5507-204 for yours. Now if I remember right AC changes part numbers from time to time for the same part. They both have CVK-36-AE carbs but different part numbers. 0470-533 for mine and 0470-7421 for yours. Thats confusing to me. Should work since all I did was go the local Harley dealership and asked for the electric choke for the CVK-36-AE and it works. Hope that helped.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Found them as low as $50 after a quick search. Ordering two. Plowboy, thank you.

Anyone know a way to safely remove these things? The plunger will get stuck in the carb and break off those three plastic tabs on removal. This will be my 4th electric choke.

Reactions: mtolkacz

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
I pinned this

Reactions: ricktherocket

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I GOT PINNED!!!!! Your welcome Bizman300. I have received loads of help here and what little I could back. Glad I could help. Thanks Doorfx for pinning it.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Banned
63 Posts
Is the electric choke the same on the 650 H1 quad,I know it has a 36mm CVK.I know A/C wants 140 dollars for it been through two.not any more went to a 36mm mikuni pumper with manual choke.thumbguy

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Is the electric choke the same on the 650 H1 quad,I know it has a 36mm CVK.I know A/C wants 140 dollars for it been through two.not any more went to a 36mm mikuni pumper with manual choke.thumbguy
The same Electric choke (Enrichment plunger) is often found on import Chinese ATV's from 400 to 600cc and often a LOT cheaper.

One OLD source I had is.....

Choke Electric. that fits Carburetor part number #31554,C18,24
BMS Motorsports Inc
1201 Jellick Ave
City Of Industry, CA 91748-1213
(626) 810-8877

Not sure if this is still valid since it is 6 or 7 years old. Maybe the part number or company is searchable through other venders. ???????? At that time it was only about $30. Still available? Have no idea. Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone found a replacement for the CVK34-AE carb electric choke that is on the Cat 400 auto? The 500 has a 36mm carb. I called a Buell shop and they could not find the 34 carb.
Does anyone know if the electric choke from the 36mm will fit in the 34mm?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I replaced my choke with the 27782-00Y part, now it idles much too fast. Is this part still a good substitute? I shouldnt have to re jet just because i fixed the choke. Also, is there a manual choke kit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'me installing a manual choke conversion kit I bought on e-bay and using the enrichment plunger from the HOCA manual conversion kit. I'll let you know how it works. The plunger supplied with the kit from e-bay was not right.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I replaced my choke with the 27782-00Y part, now it idles much too fast. Is this part still a good substitute? I shouldnt have to re jet just because i fixed the choke. Also, is there a manual choke kit?
Why don't you just turn your idle knob down?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did turn the idle knob down. I brought it down some, but its still pretty fast. Spin the tires when I put it in gear, fast.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Turns out the HD part is different than the Cat part. The needles are shaped differently.
Arctic Cat part on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts