Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hello everyone,
I am having engine issues with my 1980 el tigre 6000 500. The other night while riding antifreeze began spraying out of my radiator over flow. I took the head off of the engine to inspect the head gasket and found two things.. The cylinder's (on the side of the rope) head gasket was bowed outward. However on the other side the gasket was fine but the piston is burning up. The cylinder is not scored but I have lost compression in that hole. I also found fluid coming out of the exhaust manifold. What could be going on here and what should I do. :Bangin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I didn't have the piston issue but I did have the head gasket issue. Mine was the result of a warped head, it slowed pushed the gasket out until it hits the water jacket and 120 PSI into the cooling system dosen't agree.

I replaced the head and it has been fine. You can true up your head to eliminate this issue.

Eman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't have the piston issue but I did have the head gasket issue. Mine was the result of a warped head, it slowed pushed the gasket out until it hits the water jacket and 120 PSI into the cooling system dosen't agree.

I replaced the head and it has been fine. You can true up your head to eliminate this issue.

Eman
I am going to try and have the head trued up so we will see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.