Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would be the ideal mounting location for EGT probes on a stock 06 M7 exhaust? Do you measure from the piston skirt or the exhaust flange? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, what is the critical temperatures on these units?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shelfrost @ Jan 19 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, what is the critical temperatures on these units?[/b]
The critical temperature is unique to your sled and the way it set up, probe location, etc. The right temperature for you is when your plugs and piston wash tell you the set up is optimum. Why do you want EGT's on an EFI sled? You have to tune to plug and piston wash readings first and then you can look at the EGT reading for the correct number for your particular set up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (94ZR580 @ Jan 19 2007, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shelfrost @ Jan 19 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, what is the critical temperatures on these units?[/b]
The critical temperature is unique to your sled and the way it set up, probe location, etc. The right temperature for you is when your plugs and piston wash tell you the set up is optimum. Why do you want EGT's on an EFI sled? You have to tune to plug and piston wash readings first and then you can look at the EGT reading for the correct number for your particular set up.
[/b][/quote]

I realize the temps are dependant on a lot of things, but Arctic Cat race dept used to provide EGT locations and ballpark temps years ago. I know the fuel mapping on these efi's is lean in some areas and rich in others and just want to even them out across the board, using a Boondocker control box. Also for further mods down the road. Just trying to get an idea what others are seeing. I've played with efi's since my 95 ZR580 with D&D twin pipes, cut heads and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The only thing that I wouldn't recommend is altering the airbox setup. Basically I will disregard the egt's and tune for piston wash, then see what the temp is and work down through the fuel map from there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I typically run my egt's 7" from the piston skirt. With a single pipe I mount them as far away from the piston as I can, right before it goes into the crotch of the Y.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts