Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas i have been seeing some smaller digital egts going for around sixty dollars compleat but they are for a 12 volt dc system or cars and have simple hook ups. My question is would they be compatible with my snowmobile or not? Thanks in advance for any help offered! I would really like to moniter my egts but most gauge sets are way to spendy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most the riding we do is in the mountains up here and some times its a hard long wot pull to the top of the ridge thats the main reasone id like em just to make sure i dont melt it down. Just dont know if sleds are dc or ac voltage. Understand what your saying for trails tho

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Unless you have electric start it is AC voltage. There is however ways around that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even for trail riding my Digatron is worth its weight in gold. Its nice to be able to see what the exhaust/water temps are on the fly. Digatron's receives its power from the sled’s lighting coil.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Even for trail riding my Digatron is worth its weight in gold. Its nice to be able to see what the exhaust/water temps are on the fly. Digatron's receives its power from the sled’s lighting coil.
X2 mine saved my tcat motor when my carb boots ripped

·
Registered
94 Posts
They might but they do not look waterproof/resistant, that alone could give false readings and or short the unit out. I'd pass on Aubern gauges.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks for the info everyone much apprechiated! Are the some decent priced gauges that would work better that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
2 into one , do you put the guage on the pipe in the middle or on the one side for each y to get single readings, that what was on my mind about egt gauges

1 - 14 of 14 Posts