Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just found your site hope someone can help me out. 2000 ZR600 EFI won't start. I can get it to fire by pouring gas in the cylinder or by spraying carb cleaner in the air intake. Can keep it running by continuning to spray but will quit, so the is no gas getting where it is spose to, I know this. My question is why, and what to do. Removed gas line to fuel rail, and no gas. Is this a fuel pump issue or something else?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bud

·
Registered
66 Posts
It sounds like a fuel pump could be what it is, check out my post "Won't Start?????" on the fifth page of the firecat forum. Sounds pretty similar to what happened to me.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Check all yor fuel lines and make sure they are not kinked or twisted. Also, I can't remember if that sled had a fuel shut off valve, if it does is it in the open position? LOL, but people do forget it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
there is also a fuel line in the tank that can deteriorate, try filling the tank up and see if it will fire then if its not full already. There is also a pulse line that comes off of the crank case next tothe oil pump beneath the carbs, these have been known to colapse which wont let the fuel pump move any gas, last pull off the fuel filter and see if the gas flow out of the tank freely.

·
Registered
727 Posts
First you need to determine if the fuel pump is running. The only way to do that is to remove the fuel line at the input to the fuel rail and crank it over and see if gas pumps out. The pump will only run while the engine is turning because there is no battery to run it.

If the pump runs, then check the pressure with a "T" and a pressure gauge. If that is good, then the injectors are not opening. It is now wiring, stator, or ECM, fuse etc.

BP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts