Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a 2006 Firecat and Im wondering, what route to go with, EFI or Carb. Whats more reliable and likely to get the most miles out of the sled?

I currently have a 2002 ZR 600 EFI and have nothing, But problems since I have owned it, Water pump issue fixed and now have a backfire issue every once in awhile.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
EFI is my favorite also.
I'm down to one sled right now and its a carb model. If you use common sense and precautions carbs wont give you any problems at all. But you have to use seafoam or similair year round to keep them clean.. I dont mind re=jetting for colder/warmer temps, but some people hate it.
EFI is a no brainer and In 20 years of owning efi sleds, I have never had a failure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My wife's carbed summit is surprisingly reliable... But my efiM8 starts regardless of the temp. And you wont be out of breath after pulling over an efi 3 or 4 times.

In the long run....electrical issues will find all of us with efi sleds...and then we will wish we had bought a carbed sled instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.