Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on EFI for the 08's, my warranty is up and i want a new ride but am looking for an EFI bike, would love to stay with cat but I don't want the 700, ????

·
Registered
177 Posts
Some reason why you wouldn't want the 700?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prairie fire @ Apr 8 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some reason why you wouldn't want the 700?[/b]
just not sold on it, couple guys around here have had a lot of problems, clutch related, stock tires, the efi itself is fine, I would have a 500 tommorrow if it were efi, or even the 650, around here the 700 is close to a grand more than the 650,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Haven't heard anything yet. I would imagine though that cat will add more efi models to their lineup.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm kind of curious as to what is going to be released for '08. I'm in the market for a new machine I think I'm going to wat till I see what the '08's have got.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought my 05 in april 05, 06 released in July sometime, I was a little pissed about the ol body style vs new, if i knew then what i know now, LOL. I would be on a 500 manual today...

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have been told Cat is going to make a 450 EFI based off the H 1 engine and do away with the old 400 and 500. Just have a 450EFI of their own. That is what my dealer told me. Might be B.S. but this guy is normally pretty straight on. I hope they do cause it will be my next bike.

·
Registered
330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steeles4 @ Apr 8 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have been told Cat is going to make a 450 EFI based off the H 1 engine and do away with the old 400 and 500. Just have a 450EFI of their own. That is what my dealer told me. Might be B.S. but this guy is normally pretty straight on. I hope they do cause it will be my next bike.[/b]
Cat may very well come out with a 450efi. It won't be their own though. It will be suzukis 450.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet, but I would imagine that there will be more EFI machines added to the AC lineup in the near future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (littledave07 @ Apr 8 2007, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any word on EFI for the 08's, my warranty is up and i want a new ride but am looking for an EFI bike, would love to stay with cat but I don't want the 700, ????[/b]

Well i have had nothing but good things to say about my 700. It has always ran good and never left me stranded. it has 4000 miles(exactly one year old today) on it now. this is a list of things i have done : rear driveshaft yoke , front upper and lower ball joints, shock bushings, front brake line rubbed through, and brake pads. and all of these things seem to be a common problem with the cats

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
How about an 800 Vtwin EFI with a low gear like the H1, and a high like the V2 humper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts