Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 03 F7 this year. I fouled one plug just moving the sled around the yard, which I could understand. It was started a lot and never really ridden. Then last night I rode it for the first time. Every once in a while it would bog. I would let off and hit it again and it would be fine. It did this a handfull of times. We rode for about a half hour or so in a field and then we shut them off. About a half hour to forty five minutes later I went to pull the sled around to put it back on the trailer and it had a fouled plug. I thought the big advantage with efi was not to foul plugs. Anyone else have this problem? I am going to try to get out and ride it this week some time to see if I can get an idea of its oil consumption, but I won't be able to put on enough miles to be accurate. Someone please help!!! We leave for a 5 day trip in a little over a week and I would like this problem fixed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoman820 @ Jan 16 2007, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just bought an 03 F7 this year. I fouled one plug just moving the sled around the yard, which I could understand. It was started a lot and never really ridden. Then last night I rode it for the first time. Every once in a while it would bog. I would let off and hit it again and it would be fine. It did this a handfull of times. We rode for about a half hour or so in a field and then we shut them off. About a half hour to forty five minutes later I went to pull the sled around to put it back on the trailer and it had a fouled plug. I thought the big advantage with efi was not to foul plugs. Anyone else have this problem? I am going to try to get out and ride it this week some time to see if I can get an idea of its oil consumption, but I won't be able to put on enough miles to be accurate. Someone please help!!! We leave for a 5 day trip in a little over a week and I would like this problem fixed.[/b]

What plug are u using? Installed New plugs ? Stock engine..? type of oil ?

...have a experienced person set your oil pump. not for a novice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem with my 04 f7 efi, the oil setting from the factory was set way to rich, my dealer reset the oil pump and i have had no problems since. slomo

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the same problem last year. Turned out the plug went bad. Not sure how but put a new plug in and the thing ran like a raped ape. Plug was not fouled. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
243 Posts
cheap way to go is replace the rubber boots that go on the top of the spark plugs,I had a bad one and it acted up on occasion,I put in 2 new br9eya`s and set of new boots and no more problems...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem Fixed!!!! The problem was too much oil all right. The oil pump rod came off of the throttle bodies so there was no oil pump control. The oil pump has a spring on it so when this happens it goes to full output. I used about 1/8 of a tank of gas the other night and it burned over a quart of oil in that time. I put the rod back on and put in a new cotter key and all is well. Thanks to all who replied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts