Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the board although have spent quite sometime viewing posts. I have found some very imformative posts while browsing.

I purchased a left over 06 700 CF just before Christmas. First ride was this last weekend and it was everything I expected and more. One thing that was stated to me by some of the riders that were around is rearding the fact there is a so called "break in period" if you will affecting the EFI system. I heard anything from 50 miles to 150 miles where the timing is retarted until a certain mileage is reached. I have been following the break in procedure stated by my dealer although nothing pertaining to this issue was disscussed. The sled worked great and was a real treat to ride. I never really run it that hard though due to the fact of the first tank or two of gas. Any information regarding whether this is in fact a true statement or opinions. They said it is a noticeable difference in power once the mileage is reached.

I look forward to meeting more people on the board in time. Thanks for all the information posted it helped in the decision to purchase a CF. Also upgrades and issues that should be watched or addressed. Hopefully in time I can have posts that will help also. Thanks for any info that can be offered.

Cheers to a great purchase and many more miles of fun.

As for the sled and its performace - Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopropickle @ Jan 15 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not that I am aware of, they amy be thinking of Ski-Doo, they have a burn in chip.[/b]
My same thoughts pickle ... there's no break-in chip, no retarded timing, etc. The sled is pretty much "as is" when you take it. It requires a normal break-in just like any other sled out there (with the exeption of SkiDoo since they have a break-in chip). Ride it like you stole it, ride it easy for the first tank of gas, whatever method you choose. I choose not to get into the details of breaking in a sled because that topic has been beat to death. Congrats on your new sled & I hope it gets better with every ride :beer_cheers:

Also, welcome to Arctic Chat ... glad to have you aboard welcome call

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ski Doo does NOT have a break in chip. If so then there would be a part number for it somewhere. For break in just ride it like yo plan on riding it for the next couple years. Just no long 10 sec plus WOT runs. I was racing mine in 660ft within the first 50 miles. My thoughts were if the engine is gonna break then im gonna make sure it breaks good and quick. That way warranty will take care of it.

And the only performance difference i noticed during break in was when the extra oil in the gas burned off the sled became a little more responsive. I have 4000 trouble free km's on my sled now. Yesterday she fired up in 2 pulls in -35C. Still pulls the skis up to 80mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input regarding this issue. I have a couple of tanks of gas through it so far. This weekend I will open it up and see what it's got. I am sure it is going to be a blast.

Once again thanks for the info and the welcoming to the baord.

·
Registered
24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TatttooJay @ Jan 15 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ski Doo does NOT have a break in chip. If so then there would be a part number for it somewhere. For break in just ride it like yo plan on riding it for the next couple years. Just no long 10 sec plus WOT runs. I was racing mine in 660ft within the first 50 miles. My thoughts were if the engine is gonna break then im gonna make sure it breaks good and quick. That way warranty will take care of it.

And the only performance difference i noticed during break in was when the extra oil in the gas burned off the sled became a little more responsive. I have 4000 trouble free km's on my sled now. Yesterday she fired up in 2 pulls in -35C. Still pulls the skis up to 80mph.[/b]

Skidoo's do have a built in breakin program, it retards the timing and limits the rpm. I don't remember if it was hours or miles but after it burns through that it even sounds different when you start it up for the first time after, you can tell the difference. Thats atleast on the 1000's

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi

Reading posts above makes me wonder about my CF7. Something happened to my sled when I passed exactly 500miles. Throttle respose got much better!? Really noticeable change. Does anyone else have this kind of experienses?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Right at 500 miles it was like I flicked a switch. I had my trip meter on and the sled started to rip, so I changed to the odometer, and it was at 505 miles. I thought that either it was going to blow up, or the ECU did something different. It now has 800 miles on it so it didn't blow up yet. Love this sled.

·
Registered
33 Posts
212 miles or so is the first let in
350 or so is the second
then somewhere between 500-750mi
it ill be a raped ape after that...

hang on dude

1 - 10 of 10 Posts