Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a ECU recall on the F1000 SP's? If so does anyone know if it is for all or certain VINs?

·
Registered
97 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catf1000s/p @ Feb 2 2007, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EAB @ Feb 1 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a ECU recall on the F1000 SP's? If so does anyone know if it is for all or certain VINs?[/b]
its for everyone that has f1000, all dates
[/b][/quote]

No its not for all of them. Call your dealer with your VIN and they can run it for you.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called the dealer this morning and was told they have not heard of one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got the call from my dealer today that there IS indeed an "enhancement" update. Told me to bring my ECU to them Monday so they could ship it out with three others next day air. Don't know any other details at this point. – Roy

·
Registered
691 Posts
Call your dealer and give your VIN number. There's already a thread about this. Talkedto Cat and they mentioned it was for EARLY BUILD production sleds BUT to call the dealers and they'll tell you if you need it by your VIN numbers. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
my friend owns a cat dealer and he told me that all f1000's ecu's have to go back. i sent mine out last wednesday and it came back monday. i'll let you guys know how it works this weekend. heading up to maine for about 600 miles thursday to sat. my buddy told me its like 4 to 5 mph faster top end. and more mid range.
because the power valves were not working right and it was like a lean in the mid range. thats why some people were burning pistons going to slow in break in 4000 to 5400 just being to scared of going fast while breakin

·
Registered
118 Posts
What is it changing, fuel delivery only? Or is it changing the functioning/opening time of the power valves? I am scheduled to go to the dyno this thursday, but if this recall is changing more than just fuel mapping, I may hold off on the dyno day until after I can get a re-flash. If it only has to do with fuel mapping, I could care less, as I have a bunch of mods done, and already have a boondocker to make fuel adjustments.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stopped by dealer a few days ago and they punched in the VIN, nothing showed up. My sled was manufactured in August 06. Haven't had any problems. Added 187 studs down the center, blue D&D main clutch spring, Boondocker, Bullseyes, D&D Y-Pipe, EGT Gage, and now waiting for D&D Pipe and can to arrive. :super_happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.