Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have called my two closest AC dealerships, and neither of them have an ECU reader. I am having sporatic errors with some sensor, and I need my ECU read. Will anyone rent me a reader? I'll pay a fee and also shipping.

Thanks,

Matt

Here is my problem.

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messagevie...p;enterthread=y

·
Registered
912 Posts
call jobi davids ( use to be bruces right hand man at psi but now works for himself thumbguy )

920 787 3868

he does all my motor work now and he has done good by me would recomend him to any one but he may be able to trouble shoot your problem by reading codes any way call him he will explain it to you

·
Registered
87 Posts
The ECU reader that Cat has does not read the ECU unit itself. It reads all the inputs to the ECU. The reasons why most Cat dealers don't have one is they are expensive and you can do all of those tests on the individual components with an OHM meter.

The only thing it was good for was to unload the memory for problems with the batteryless EFI only. I doubt your problem is the EFI components because on this system if one of the inputs fail it will only switch to a "fail safe" mode (rich condition) and not totally shut down the engine.

The ignition and EFI electrical systems are two completly seperate systems. If your not flashing any codes, right now anyway, all the inputs are doing what they are suposed to do.

You can unplug the harness from the engine going to the chassis and run it like you normally would. If you don't have any problems with the harness unplgged you will know your problem is in the harness and not the engine. If you still have the problem it is probably in the ignition components and they can be tested with an OHM meter. You will not have any kill switches either so you should use your head a little when running with the harness unplgged.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. That is good advice to try. Matt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts