Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock an 04 Firecat 700 and from what I am reading the 06 map is the way to go, trouble is I cant find anyone to do it. I read in an earlier post the ODS Dan (whoever that is) can help, anyone know how to reach him.

Sounds like clutching is the next step, I hear D&D is pretty good. Can I buy the parts from D&D and do it myself, or is this something I will need special tools to complete?

And lastly, is the 4 wheel kit a must have, or would I be better off putting the money into the clutch?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
dan is the out door shop his site is on hear amd you can pm him her get a 06 map i did and love it just my two cents have fun

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03 Team F7 @ Nov 17 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
do a y pipe and a pipe mod 06 refash and clutch kit and you will LOVE you sled[/b]

what can i do to my 2005 F7 carb to love it more? i just bought exhaust valve spacers, have 196 studs and a mbrp can. im thinking about HD sway bar but i dont know and a Y pipe. any sugestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont know much about carb models f7 ......But back when i had a zr 440 carb i had timing key shave head port and polish clutch kit and the thing RIPPED.... but i would say y pipe is good and leave the can off it will make more power with the stock can

·
Registered
302 Posts
lose the can it robs power due to lack of backpressure, it doesnt give u any hp at all. i have a y-pipe and pipe mod from bmp (bikeman performance). i havent clutched it yet but when i do i'm getting an ODS (Outdoor Shop) clutch kit. Dan is famous for his kits. The reflash thing im skeptical about, but that just me, if you want it then get it. i dont want to risk losing any power on my 03 because it was the fastest yr, its already super fast and once i clutch it it will be evn faster. Def try to put stock can back on though it you can. they're on ebay for really cheap.

p.s.
As far as the pipe mod goes, you order a modded stock pipe from bmp, they send you someone elses pipe that they modded, and you send them yours in the box that your pipe came in. DEF WELL WORTH IT!

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pin2win @ Nov 17 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lose the can it robs power due to lack of backpressure, it doesnt give u any hp at all. i have a y-pipe and pipe mod from bmp (bikeman performance). i havent clutched it yet but when i do i'm getting an ODS (Outdoor Shop) clutch kit. Dan is famous for his kits. The reflash thing im skeptical about, but that just me, if you want it then get it. i dont want to risk losing any power on my 03 because it was the fastest yr, its already super fast and once i clutch it it will be evn faster. Def try to put stock can back on though it you can. they're on ebay for really cheap.

p.s.
As far as the pipe mod goes, you order a modded stock pipe from bmp, they send you someone elses pipe that they modded, and you send them yours in the box that your pipe came in. DEF WELL WORTH IT![/b]

how much is the pipe mod? ive heard of it and been on bmp site but could never find anything on it? i do have the stock can by the way. ill probabll ride once with the mbrp can cuz i havent ridden it with it. just wanna see if i cna feel the difference. like i said before i got the exhaust valve spacer for better bottom and mid responce and plan on a clutch kit, but after i mod the exhaust. ill have to save my pennies i think.

·
Registered
302 Posts
go to the bmp site. on the left hand side click snomobiles, then click bmp pipes, then scroll down the list to bmp stock pipe mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts