Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. Just wondering if they make some sort of hand tighten/loosen hex screw to hold your dash on? Something to let you easy access on the trail if you need to change a plug. I checked royals catalogue but couldnt seem to find anything. :wacko:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes..

Ok i checked out D&D i found the stock hex screw on there, actually they call it a shoulder screw, but was wondering if they made something that dont need a torx to remove it.. Just hand loosen /tighten. Been searching for ever, cant find nodda :angry:
Getting tired of looking think I might just weld something onto the stock screw.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I bought a set of D&D used knobs and found that they stick up pretty far. I think the reason AC used the screws they did was so that if you use a accessory steering column bag the tops of the screws won't interfere with the bag. Since the screws stick up in the air they could hit and cause steering issues.

Steve

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a set on Ebay, they came either Black or Silver ,(Aluminum finish).They are manufactured by H&K Precision Machining in Lake Barrington IL. #847-382-0288. The are called "Console Screws", and the Black ones are #HK100404-1, they were around $29.00 a pair when I bought them in March of '11. Very well machined, and they fit perfect, and also are easy to turn because the stick up far enough above the Pod. No more Torxhead screws.thumbguythumbguy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi guys.. Just wondering if they make some sort of hand tighten/loosen hex screw to hold your dash on? Something to let you easy access on the trail if you need to change a plug. I checked royals catalogue but couldnt seem to find anything. :wacko:
D&D still have some in stock .. I bought a set last week.

POD KNOBS ...

Worth every penny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts