Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Im trying to find one at the local parts stores, no luck yet. Great idea, someone told me it will work for my 660 Turbo also. Rockerdude

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use to be a parts manager for Autozone. They carry these types of wrenches standard and they are about the same price as the amazon one shown above but no need to pay shipping. I will be picking up one of these as well because I was unable to get the belt off when I wanted to check the clutches last week.

I just want to put some miles on!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Easier way. Turn around the aluminum spacer that the secondary clutch bolt goes through. Tighten the bolt and it will open the clutch enough to get the belt off. No extra tools required. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (looneytune @ Dec 29 2006, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Easier way. Turn around the aluminum spacer that the secondary clutch bolt goes through. Tighten the bolt and it will open the clutch enough to get the belt off. No extra tools required. :thumbsup:[/b]
Are all the tools for this included in the supplied tool kit?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got mine today while running some errands for work at a local parts store, last one on the wall rack, $9.42. I havent tried it yet, but I like the sounds of using the wrench instead of taking the bolt out etc... just me though. Thanks for the info,
Craig

·
Registered
49 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monkers @ Dec 28 2006, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im trying to find one at the local parts stores, no luck yet. Great idea, someone told me it will work for my 660 Turbo also. Rockerdude[/b]
The T-660 has a larger clutch hub. Make sure you get a wrench large enough to fit it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
how much larger? someone posted somewhere that it (wrench) would work on both machines, hope so. Ill measure it. Thanks for the heads up
Craig

·
Registered
125 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Randycat @ Dec 14 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not 100% shure this is what they're talking about , but this is the strap wrench i use .
I see your from Can so i'll just give you the link to Cdn Tire
Cdn tire strap wrench

hope that helps[/b]
Thanks Randycat, I picked up the "Boa" from Canadian Tire last night and pulled the driven off today. It was slick, I've never taken a belt off as easy as that. First time I ever did it without losing some skin on my knuckles!

·
Registered
491 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sabrecatman700 @ Dec 19 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Randycat @ Dec 14 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not 100% shure this is what they're talking about , but this is the strap wrench i use .
I see your from Can so i'll just give you the link to Cdn Tire
Cdn tire strap wrench

hope that helps[/b]
Thanks Randycat, I picked up the "Boa" from Canadian Tire last night and pulled the driven off today. It was slick, I've never taken a belt off as easy as that. First time I ever did it without losing some skin on my knuckles!
[/b][/quote]
No problem , glad it worked for you . I keep mine in the trunk on the trail , but a couple my buds velcro wraped it inside the engine compartment . one belt change on the trail and it's paid for itself , specially if it's cold out .
Happy ridin'

·
Registered
624 Posts
Okay guys. Can someone please at least show a picture of this strap in use? Just a posed shot of where this is used on the secondary would be helpful. I can finally see the tool and will go get one if I can see where you grab with it. I tried to open my clutch by hand in a DNR Safety class to show the class how to change the drive belt. Not so pretty :/
Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sledboy482 @ Dec 20 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay guys. Can someone please at least show a picture of this strap in use? Just a posed shot of where this is used on the secondary would be helpful. I can finally see the tool and will go get one if I can see where you grab with it. I tried to open my clutch by hand in a DNR Safety class to show the class how to change the drive belt. Not so pretty :/
Thanks.[/b]
OK, Here's a pic of the tool on the clutch and a pic of where I ty-rapped it on the sled.

Tool:

[attachment=142356:F1000_021.jpg]

Tool on clutch:

[attachment=142355:F1000_020.jpg]

Stored on sled:

[attachment=142357:F1000_024.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not to be a smart ass but on my 08 I use a 9/16" wrench. There's one in the tool kit. It's a little more work but I don't take my belt off on the trail that often to warrant buying another wrench and finding a place to carry it. To each his own.

·
Registered
193 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pussylover @ Dec 20 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not to be a smart ass but on my 08 I use a 9/16" wrench. There's one in the tool kit. It's a little more work but I don't take my belt off on the trail that often to warrant buying another wrench and finding a place to carry it. To each his own.[/b]

That's what I do. Can't get much easier than that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts