Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many miles you get to a tank of gas on average. I know there are hundreds or variables, Im just looking for a number.

Also does everyone run the required arctic cat synthetic APV oil or is it fine to run other kinds?

thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
120 is a good number.

We always fill up before getting to empty though. It's not like riding in your car. If your less than 1/2 tank and you pass a gas station you should fill up.

I run Amsoil Intercepter.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, Id say 120 is good. My 03 F7 gets better mileage than my wifes 02 zl600. I run klotz in all my sleds- personal preference.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have gone close to 140 but we were in a big group going at a slow pace.
125 when your heavy on the hammer is good

·
Registered
302 Posts
120miles? to one tank, haha i wish. But for my riding style and rarely riding trails, i think i would squeeze 80, maybe, and i run apv, probly shell advance synthetic next year though.... apv went up so much

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I could go 140 miles with my F5 and can with my F7 also...no prob. Clear tank on the F5 was piece of mind. I drive on the trails like an old man and will readily admit that :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I could go 140 miles with my F5 and can with my F7 also...no prob. Clear tank on the F5 was piece of mind. I drive on the trails like an old man and will readily admit that :)[/b]
Yea, I drive like an old man in the woods now 2. Hit a ice covered corner, hit a tree :stop_nono: , and twisted the frame on my REV las year. WFO is good on the lakes, wtaer crossings, power lines, and long take-offs 4 jumps. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know about the mileage but my brother(05 F7) and I(06 F7) use Torco synthetic. With our discount we can get it for $4.97 a qt vs. $10 or more on the trail. no brainer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts