Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at quite a few sleds lately. Have a very good idea on what the Mid 70 Z's are worth. But really can't get a handle on what the EL Tigres are worth. I see a lot of them selling for anywhere from the low hundreds to the one thousand and higher range.
Whats your opinions ?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I bought a basket case 75 ElTigre for $50, and I'm restoring it. (already got 10x that into it for parts) I dunno

·
Registered
474 Posts
For a common old muscle sled like that, it's a case of how bad the owner wants it verses sled condition. Basket case Tiggers with no race history go dirt cheap. If the sled is premo and looks like it was just uncrated, yeah they can fetch over a grand. The rarer models to hunt for are the 1973 250 and 290 that they did not make a lot of, 1974 290 and 400. ( Only big reason these 74's are worth collecting is they were the substitute race sleds for the EXT's that were not made that year for the stock class.) 1975 Tigers were the last year for the Kawasaki engines. But the price difference between a stock FR1 series trail sled and the FR2 Z racer is real big.
2500 for a Z is common, a 440 trail sled that runs is about 500, give or take, depending on condition.

My 2 cents, nothing more...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts