From Dynojet instructions, don't know if it helps or not. I haven't done this yet either. The jet kit has been sitting in my garage for a year and a half. LOL.
STAGE ONE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove vacuum slides from carbs. Remove stock needles & spacers, noting order of assembly (Fig.A).
2. Install Dynojet needles on groove #3 for applications below 5000 feet, groove #2 for above 5000 feet.
Install the Dynojet washers above the E-clip, 2 per needle (Fig.A).
3. Install the Dynojet slide springs (DSP031) in place of the stock slide springs.
4. Remove stock main jets and replace with Dynojet main jets provided. Install the DJ118 main jets below
3000 feet, the DJ114 main jets from 3000 to 6000 feet and the DJ110 main jets above 6000 feet. When using
an aftermarket exhaust with a high flow baffle, install the DJ122 main jets below 3000 feet, the DJ118 main
jets from 3000 to 6000 feet and the DJ114 main jets above 6000 feet.
5. Locate the Fuel Mixture Screws (Fig.B). Using a flat blade screwdriver, turn the mixture screws clockwise
until seated, then turn out 3 turns, 2.5 turns above 5000 feet.
I assume the jet sizes don't match up to VDI's chart because the stage 1 kit is for a stock air box and a stock or aftermarket exhaust.