Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a Dynatek cdi box for my v2, but all I have found other than on ebay is moose modules, I know the moose just helps low end power but how does it compare to the dynatek in that area and does it do away with the limiters and limp mode like the Dynatek does?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The moose module is a good deal for 100 bucks, but the dynatek has so many more features. I would spend the extra money and get the dynatek.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Mudracer80 you may want to contact dynatek themselves as you have a 06 650v2 as I do and there are issues with the tip sensors causing cut outs. Dynatek apparently has a fix for the 06 650v2 tip sensor problem but its a special part # and no one has posted the part # yet I personally would contact them before you buy as alot of people have had this issue

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
The bad part number is 1101193. I bought mine off of e-bay from a dealer called atv galaxcy. I called him and told him what the problem is. Hopefully he will not sell them anymore. My new part number was 1101364 I think. Dynatek themselves is only about $20 higher than the guy on e-bay. If you call dynatek talk to larry he knows his sh=t and is great to deal with.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
it's got a warrenty, just call dynatek when you get it if it is the "bad" part number and they will give you a return po number and probably swithch it out for ya.
the atvgalexey guy left me with a bad taste, shipping took way too long, posted about it a while back, but anyways i would doubt that he is going to switch it out for ya. his advertisement also says "new inventory" not old stock, or at least it did last year when i got mine from him but oblously it is not if it is not the updated one being delivered.

good luck, dynatek like others have said has good support.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I don't think atv galaxcy will exchange it. Call dynatek when you get it ( if it has that part #1101193) Get to tech help and talk yo larry ;really cool guy who knows his sh=t . All they will need is a copy of receipt. I used my paypal receipt. If you get the dyna with that number I would leave him negative feedback. I called him and told him the part number and told him they were not compatable with the 06 650.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
machine might cut out once in a while, the tip sensor on the 05/06 v2's are more sensitive than the 04's and dynatek was not aware of this at the time until several complaints. basically it will just cut out on you at no specific time for a brief second and then work fine again. did it to me a few times until i modified my tip sensor, but i recomend if it happens to you to contact dynatek and get the "newer" one.

just like someone turns the key off and back on while riding, you'll see.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Mine would cut out just for a second( like you hit a bump and lost your grip on the throttle), but it happens when you least expect it. I would send it back and get the right one and be done with it. Did you get it off of e-bay from atv galaxy? If you did I'm going to call that guy back and let him know if he continues to sell that one that I'll report him to the BBB. That ought to scare him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.