Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this is the right one to buy for my son, any comments would be helpful. I would like to have one that has a back up starting system like a pull or kick start. I noticed that the Suzuki youth quad has a pull start, is this the same for the DVX which has the Suzuki engine. Thanks RB

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
My 9 year old has a DVX 90 and has rode for it for about 3 years. The model he has is a 2003 DVX 90 which is a 2-stroke. The little bike has been ridden pretty hard by my boy and has held up just fine. This bike has an electrical starter as well as a back up kick starter. I believe the new models nowadays are 4 strokes so they should be just fine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I too and looking at getting a DVX 90 for my daughter this spring. Do they have a Suzuki Motor??? I read they were made in Taiwan. They just a had a recall...any other issues?

·
Registered
672 Posts
These dvx 90 are made by kymco. They also make the dvx 250, but the 400 is a suzuki. Kymco makes most of the youth atvs for all the manufacturers, and are pretty well built. If you buy the actual kymco, it has a better warranty and is a little cheaper.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
About 3 yrs ago I bought a Jincheng Raccoon 90, a China made yamaha... I bought it for a REALLY REALLY good price!! My boy has drivin the p!ss out of it!!! hit a tree once, hit the well cap once, it went into the pond once, and was unintentionally air-born once!! We change the oil about once every 2-3 months as he rides it for HOURS at a time on an almost daily basis!!!

So far to date we have cleaned the airfilter at every oil change, seems they have some kind of cloth or reuseable filter, adjusted the clutch once, adjusted the chain 3-4 times, and change the spark plug once!! SUPER RELIABLE little wheeler!!

Lets him shift the gears as it does have 4 of them, and have increased the throttle stop so it will do about 20+ mph... I'm sure the thing will go faster but hey lets not push him!!

# things you want to get

1. Helmet!
2. some kind of shin protector
3.Grass seed !!

Have fun...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts