Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wife doesn't like utility atv's, she wants to go fast. I really want to get her a sport quad, but i'm on a budget because i just bought the H1. So i was thinking about the DVX 250, does anyone have one? And if so do you like it? Or should I go with another brand, or just wait and save up for a 450 or somthin? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Depending on your wifes riding experience and urge to go 'fast' then I would look for more then just the 250. Infact if you are even thinking of saving for a newer 450 for her then the 250 would be a waste of money IMO.
If your on a budget and buying a new performance ATV is undo-able then picking up a good used Honda 400ex, Suzuki LTZ400, Kawi KFX400 or Arctic Cat DVX400 would be what I would go for. You get electric start, reverse, very dependable quad, plenty of aftermarket, potential for more HP and speed. Brand new toys are always nice but not always affordable, that being said those quads I listed can picked up for a fairly reasonanble price and in good condition too.
Even if your wife doesn't have ample experience riding manual clutched sport ATV's the mid sized 400cc quads are still good starters. If she does have some go fast riding time under her then with a few simple bolt on mods there should be enough power there to keep her happy, well atleast for a bit :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input GoFastCat, that's kind of what I was thinking. If I could pick up a good used 400 I'd like to, there's just not many to choose from up here in the great white north.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AKArcticCat @ Jan 21 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the input GoFastCat, that's kind of what I was thinking. If I could pick up a good used 400 I'd like to, there's just not many to choose from up here in the great white north.[/b]
Yes your location could raise the prices slightly since the avaiability isn't there. this is also the worst time of year for searching for used quads, espeically sport ones. Keep your eyes open in the spring as the snow begins to melt. At a local parts & accessory dealer just minutes from my house they have a 2004 suzuki LTZ400 in good condition, I believe it has an aftermarket pipe, rear wheels and also running paddles (which is strange for my location??) and the price is pretty good at $3,600 canadian, just an example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts