Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use the duraflex boogie wheel hooks? They come with a 1/4” bolt to secure replacing the oem bolt….seems a bit skimpy. I’m inclined to tap it out for a bigger dia bolt

· Registered
968 Posts
The bolt is fine.
Our idlers are held on by small bolts to begin with.

It's the idler bracket that takes the brunt of the action. Not the bolt.
However I did replace the grade 5 with a grade 8 because "I'm me".:)

· Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
@FrozenTows , That's funny as heck. I also swapped out those bolts for grade 8 versions. I ended up going with flange head style that was 1/4" longer so the threads would seat all the way through the bracket.
I ran one set for quite some time and beat the bejesus out of those things. The bolt thread assemblies outlasted the brackets. All the clanging and banging is hard on them. I went through a few sets of scratchers and the hangers basically wore out.

@classicdmax ,One piece of advice with the install. Before you loctite them in place, verify the scratchers sit flat in the holding groove. That is a critical step to get better function and longer life. (My scratcher spring assemblies would get tired and hang at a different angle in the hooks. The hooks wear pretty quick without flat seating.)

Reactions: FrozenTows

· Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@FrozenTows , That's funny as heck. I also swapped out those bolts for grade 8 versions. I ended up going with flange head style that was 1/4" longer so the threads would seat all the way through the bracket.
I ran one set for quite some time and beat the bejesus out of those things. The bolt thread assemblies outlasted the brackets. All the clanging and banging is hard on them. I went through a few sets of scratchers and the hangers basically wore out.

@classicdmax ,One piece of advice with the install. Before you loctite them in place, verify the scratchers sit flat in the holding groove. That is a critical step to get better function and longer life. (My scratcher spring assemblies would get tired and hang at a different angle in the hooks. The hooks wear pretty quick without flat seating.)
I considered a bolt a 1/4” longer as well to engage the entirety of the threads of the hooks. Didn’t get to that yet and running them the way they were sent for now. All went well on my sons first journey so why fix what’s not broken haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts