Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a heated shield for my birthday and need to know where exactly this thing plugs in and how I should set it up. If anyone could snap a few pics of where it plugs and how you have it setup I would appreciate it. THanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Josh, Yeah...a dumb question from my buddy as usual. :D

Seriously, I've seen somebody have heat shield plug on the left side of the steering shaft where the key ignition sits on the right on ZR/ZRT models and the opposite on Firecats. Not too sure on how they got it all hooked up or anything like it cuz I am not very fond of heated shield.

Good Luck,

AB :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I am always good for a good laugh when it comes to my questions. Like to be for sure. Thanks. Maybe I could zip tie it down, I will want it on the left side

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
The accessory plug for your heated shield is right behind your servo motor. You should be able to see it down there, and fish it out. Just plug your accessory wire into it and run the wire up through your steering column. Use some zip ties to secure it and you should be all set. Otherwise, you could use a little hole saw and do some sort of custom mount.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WNYCatRider @ Dec 28 2006, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey I am always good for a good laugh when it comes to my questions. Like to be for sure. Thanks. Maybe I could zip tie it down, I will want it on the left side[/b]
Hey back, Glad you're up for a good laugh. You really knew what I meant by that, Didn't you ?. na na :lol:

Great to see LabonteF8 had filled you in. I'm sure it's a very simple job if you're handy when it comes to installing wiring accessories on the sled. Have seen one that had cigarette lighter that got me all :lol:

T'care,

AB woot

·
Registered
549 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WNYCatRider @ Dec 28 2006, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got a heated shield for my birthday and need to know where exactly this thing plugs in and how I should set it up. If anyone could snap a few pics of where it plugs and how you have it setup I would appreciate it. THanks in advance.[/b]
Josh, if you haven't figured it out yet let me know and I can take a couple pics for you.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah if you could do that, it would be great, I am just having trouble locating the wire to use, I think I am looking in the right spot

·
Registered
75 Posts
This little plug with the brown and yellow wires on it behind the servo. Theres also one behind the headlights just hanging there too. Heres the servo one. The black plug just has an end cap on it with thre brown wire coming out. Just unplug that top cap with the one brown wire and plug in your accesory plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
on my 05 f6 & my06 f7 is behind the headlight,had to pull down the insulation on hood and is right there, could not find behind servo motor on mine. i just have it hang out by key switch, it go up with hood when open.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so this is the one I am looking to unplug and plug the shield into. Pics aren't great but it is a brown and yellow wire going into a plug that just looks plugged into itself connected by a brown wire. Thanks for the photo. Here are mine,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back up to make sure I am doing this right

·
Registered
514 Posts
From reading several posts in the past you should check that with a meter to find out if its ac or dc. JM2CENTS

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Now what should i be looking for?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WNYCatRider @ Jan 17 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
OK so this is the one I am looking to unplug and plug the shield into. Pics aren't great but it is a brown and yellow wire going into a plug that just looks plugged into itself connected by a brown wire.[/b]
The attached end with one brown wire is just a cover for the plug... yes, this is the one you want.
Here's another pic:
[attachment=61050:shield_plug.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Josh, sorry man I fell asleep on this topic, the pics you guys have a great, you have the right plug, I ran mine up under the bottom side of the steering post and zip tied it there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts