Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a few...of the quad and one of my new truck with the 2.5 inch leavling kit installed ....

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Todd,

On my driveway it's hard... But on dirt it isen't to bad... Just hope the women dosen't see where i went through the yard or it's over....LOL.>.. As for breaking an axle... What is the saying.YOU HAVE TO PAY!!! to PLAY!!! i'm with that. If it happenes it's gorillas..... A few guys will get to drive it at the mudnats.. I'm sure they will respond.

MArk

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
now i posted on that last one that the outer tires looked smaller than the inner tires. that was not because i didn't believe you it was cuz i figure the smaller tires on the outside would not touch the ground until the inner tires had sunk a little. so when you are riding on hard pack stuff it would handle like it has 4 very heavy wheels but in the mud all 8 would pull.
the above is only a theory, keep in mind that i have been on a boat for the last 31 days, so i don't always make sense.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all 8-tires are 29.5/12/12 laws....Thanks for the complements guys..

Mark

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
That thing is unbelievable!!!! Something you won't see every day. Let us know how you make out. Rockerdude

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mgibb @ Mar 10 2007, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WITF Would you do something like that? Why take a perfectly good quad and screw it up?[/b]
:Bangin: ..............to each there own............and if you would of read and know that he has done it for Mud Nationals................

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mgibb @ Mar 10 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WITF Would you do something like that? Why take a perfectly good quad and screw it up?[/b]

Grim-is right i did this for the mud nats... And to each his own.. his is not something i will drive everyday like this.. Just something to try. If it dosen't work i'll never do it again.. But i'm goin gto try it. And thanks for your opinion.

Mark

Now as for turning them.. It turns them in high and low.. Now mind you thats just up and down my driveway.. haven't been in any deep mud yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, I wish I had more disposable income.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looks like it should do great in the mud now with twice the floatation, and in the mud put you should be able to straddle any ruts dug by the competition with your spare set of tires. If it's a straight run pit I doubt turning will be a problem, and the only time I would worry about the axles would be in a tight turning situation because of the CV joints in the front shafts. Those joints should prove most likely to be the weakest link in the axles. I remember seeing a dual kit like that back in the early 90's advertised in the quad mags. Always thought it would be good for mud and snow around here. My father was actually talking about machining his own adapters to run duals on his Kawi 400 Bayou for the winters. Good luck at the Mud Nats, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John,

Thank you for a poss post... I like that you respected what i did.. As most on here did. I will give a full report on how it was when i get back from the mudnats.

MArk

·
Registered
187 Posts
No problem, I'm sure others may have tried the dual tire set up in the mud back in the 90's when I saw those ads, but they probably didn't work too well when the no torque no hp 250cc King Quad was the top dog in Utility ATV's lol. With the power of the new monsters, it could be a totally different story. Hope it works out for you. On a side note, for those saying it's going to break axles because of the sual tires, would turning those lightweight dual tires put as much stress on the axles and suspension as the heavy but proven reliable Lightfoot track system does?

·
Registered
300 Posts
would turning those lightweight dual tires put as much stress on the axles and suspension as the heavy but proven reliable Lightfoot track system does?
[/quote]

Track kits are actually gear reduced, its like turning a 20 in tire. this is why they only to 30-40 mph

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rodie,

I have only driven this thing up and down my driveway so far... I was able to use low and high range. I'm sure there is added STRESS but it turns them decient. I will have a major report after the mud nats.

Mark

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.