Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone tell me if the drivers on a M7 will swap with drivers on a 2004 1M 600? I'm looking at putting endo and exo drivers on my sled and found a cheap pair. has anyone else done this? is the shaft size and wheel size the same?

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
The M7 uses a totally different shaft size and configuration. The stock M7 drivers are for a track with a 3 inch spacing for the drive lugs with 8 tooth drivers. The 2004 600 in a 1 M chassis has a 2.52 inch spacing for the drive lugs with 10 tooth drivers.

If you were swapping out the diamond drive, drive axle, brake assembly and track from the M7 into the 2004 you would have a chance of succes.

Otherwise buy the correct extrovert drivers for your 2004. Measure your shaft size to get the correct drivers. Carefully measure the existing centre driver locations to get the correct location for your extroverts. You will have to go from 10 tooth to 9 tooth to get the clearance you need for the front cooler plus you need to change your rail caps to a shorter version and my experience required the cutting of 1/2 inch off the front of each rail to prevent the rail caps from hitting the extrovert lugs when the suspension collapses on hard bumps. The 9 tooth driver lowers your final drive ratio slightly.

A lot of work but worth the effort if you ride a lot of steep and deep powder.

The shorter end caps are the same as in the conversion kit for extroverts the King Cats used. Some guys buy a set of anti-stab wheels instead of the shorter end caps. One of my friends went this route but had subsequent problems with the track catching the end of the hyfax under certain conditions and ripping them off the rails. In other words with the anti-stab wheels you still require some type of end cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.