Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I was looking up bearings for my Zrt I come across a place that listed all the cross reference PN's for the same bearings so I figured I would share those numbers with you guys. This will work on the ZL/ZR/ ZRT/T-Cats

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bearing maintenance!

Thanx AL. I was told many years ago that bearings came with shipping grease only in them. Removing the seal and washing out and never spinning them with a air hose!! then carefully drying with air blowing while holding them from turning and the apply you're favourite grease the proper way ensures longevity, Now I always wondered if that was true shipping grease but makes sense,,You repack all yours before using?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx AL. I was told many years ago that bearings came with shipping grease only in them. Removing the seal and washing out and never spinning them with a air hose!! then carefully drying with air blowing while holding them from turning and the apply you're favourite grease the proper way ensures longevity, Now I always wondered if that was true shipping grease but makes sense,,You repack all yours before using?
Some bearings I do repack before using. It depends where they are located and how good of a bearing that it is. If its a cheap bearing I always repack them. SKF, NTN, Koyo, name brand bearings I usually just use them. I use cheap bearings in the suspension and good bearings in the drive train. The suspension bearing I buy in 10 packs and just replace if they feel gritty or clunky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Zrt1200
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing