Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone know that the 1000 has the wrong drive belt? I was told by my dealer today that my belt that was put on from the factory was wrong. The last 3 numbers on the belt read 060 and the right one should be 046. The 060 is too narrow after I try to use all the shims to adjust the deflection with no success but when I put the right belt 046 on it was done in no time.

I get better accelaration and no belt slippage on a dead stop :thumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've got about 300 miles on mine and I'm running the 060. Have not had any problems at all and haven't noticed any slipping. I've had two different dealers tell me that the 060 is the correct belt. (I believe the belts for the F1000 are different). However, I have not pushed it that hard either or checked my deflection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by the dealer today that the received a letter about two weeks ago from the factory about the belt been wrong so I gess you could call that a recall ! I dunno

·
Registered
525 Posts
I just picked up a spare belt from a dealer last Friday. They looked up the belt in what I'm assuming to be the latest information. I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that Cat changed the belt for the F1000 and possibly even the M1000, but left the CF1000 to be the 060. Not sure about this though, maybe someone else can chime in who might have some better info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,
I have similar info. Last week I went to pick up a spare belt for mine. I asked for the 060 which is what my Dec 6 built CF came with. I was told that was not the correct belt. It wasn't lasting so Cat began subbing the 046 belt . The other thing is my dealer said the 060 is worth 160 bucks and the 046 only cost 100 or so. I haven't checked the width diff between the two
My primary still has about 3/8 of an inch of shift out left. Should I try the 046 and see how it runs?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Spare 046 for my 800 was $63.96

1 - 10 of 10 Posts